a question about charging port durability

person1001

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
well I don't know what to say, I have the phone for 5 days now, yesterday I did a funny thing (not funny for me actually :( ) I plugged the charger to the phone to charge it and the phone didn't charge, I was shocked and desperately started to plug and unplug it several times but no hope the phone wouldn't charge, after a while I realised that I forgot to plug the charger to the wall :) , anyway my question is: is the 'tongue"inside the charging port in the phone durable enough? I mean I did about 5 tries, but I used no pressure just plug and unplug repeatedly, is it like charging the phone every day for 5 days? or plugging and unplugging repeatedly is a different story?
well I checked the port it's good nothing bent or damaged I just noticed 2 carved marks on the rubber at the down side I believe the 2 pins on the charger's port are responsible for this, and I also noticed that the port goes inside the phone smoothly now, it's a little bit loose, don't know if this supposed to happen by time anyway, so the phone charges and everything, just want to know whether should I expect port failure in the next few days? I also want to know if what I did can affect battery life

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I came from an SIII that I charged every day for over 3 and a half years and it is still going strong. That being said the port is fragile and you probably did it no good. Get a wireless charger and you won't have to worry about it.