Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My fast wired charging takes about 1.5 hours from 5% battery, but my fast wireless charging (Samsung's fast wireless stand) is taking more than 4 hours from 5% on the same settings! The lock screen doesn't even register the length of time left correctly for the wireless one (though an annoying app add-on charging screen that showed up did, before I disabled said add-on). I know wireless charging is slower, but it isn't supposed to be THAT much slower! Do you think my wireless stand is faulty or something? The phone is perfectly centered when I put it on the stand, states it is fast charging wirelessly, etc. I don't know anyone else who has a fast wireless charger to try.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung stand charger charges about 1% a minute, so something is wrong, are you using the plug that came with it? Do you have wireless fast charging turned on in battery settings?

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
My wireless fast charger is no where as fast as a cable fast charge. Even using the correct charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung stand charger charges about 1% a minute, so something is wrong, are you using the plug that came with it? Do you have wireless fast charging turned on in battery settings?

Yes, it is using the cord and plug that came with it, fast wireless charging is turned on (and I have tried flipping it on and off), and the lock screen states it is fast charging wirelessly.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah not sure what is wrong but something is up... Mine goes from 20% to 100 in just over an hour on the wireless stand...

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My wireless fast charger is no where as fast as a cable fast charge. Even using the correct charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, but does not take over four hours (from 5% left)? It even states that it will only take two hours and nineteen minutes at the beginning of the charge, the lying phone!

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah not sure what is wrong but something is up... Mine goes from 20% to 100 in just over an hour on the wireless stand...

That's more like what I had read in an article that it is supposed to do. I guess I will contact Samsung to see if they can exchange it, since I don't think I can return it to Amazon without the packaging that is already in the landfill.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah probably not... Maybe though amazon is pretty good about returns... Might be worth an online chat... Hate saying this but maybe just buy a new one and return the old one as defective....

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Not sure, never did it from 5 but I highly doubt it... Can try tomorrow...

I just got the phone last week, so am doing the first few charges from 5% or less. I will normally charge it nightly on the wireless stand (I use it as my clock and alarm clock, so the stand works better for me than the flat wireless charger, especially since my last two phones were on angled chargers).

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah probably not... Maybe though amazon is pretty good about returns... Might be worth an online chat... Hate saying this but maybe just buy a new one and return the old one as defective....

Yeah, I can try the chat feature on Amazon and see. Thanks!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I like the stand... It's nice, not sure you need to do the 5% thing with the newer batteries though... Pretty sure they like being topped off more than the full charge / discharge thing... But that's a whole different discussion ;) sorry to hear yours isn't fast charging... I have had no issues, it's actually way faster than I thought it would be

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I like the stand... It's nice, not sure you need to do the 5% thing with the newer batteries though... Pretty sure they like being topped off more than the full charge / discharge thing... But that's a whole different discussion ;) sorry to hear yours isn't fast charging... I have had no issues, it's actually way faster than I thought it would be

I'm doing it just in case, since it is not a removable battery like my S3 (phone I just upgraded from) was. I never had to replace the S3's battery and it often was not down to alert levels (20% or lower) before I charged it each night.

At least the wired fast charging works, since that's the charger I have on the first floor of the house in case I need to charge it during the day (so far, only if I didn't charge it the night before - I love the length of this battery!). The wireless is on my nightstand upstairs.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you take it off the case do you have the same results? Sometimes the case could interfere with the wireless charging

AndroidVic

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering...
1) Where did you get your Wireless Fast Charger stand?
2) Does the stand specifically say 'Fast Charge"?
3) More importantly, does the power supply t say 5v w/ 1amp and 2 amp.....or is it 9v and 5v.

If you bought it on EBay...there are a lot of vendors selling 'Fast Chargers' but it does not say Fast Charge on the stand. ANd a lot sell ones that say 'Fast Charger' but the power supply is only the 5v 2amp.
Essentually...there is
Wireless charge w/ 5v 1amp suplly
Fast charge (For the S6/ s6+) w/ 5v 2amp supply
Latest Fast Charge (for the S6 Edge+/S7/S7) w/ 5v/9v supply.

Only the stands that say Fast Charge AND have the 9v supply will truely give you fast charging.

My guess...your wired is a 9v supply but your wireless is the 5v/2amp version
I do not know if you can use the stand that says fast charge that came with the 5v/2a supply with the 5v/9v..but you can try. Just watch the heat to find out. The Latest Fast Chargers (with the 5v/9v supply) has a small fan in the base to keep it cooler.

Hope that helps.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
In the OP it says it's the Samsung fast wireless stand charger using plug and cable that came with it.....

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
If you take it off the case do you have the same results? Sometimes the case could interfere with the wireless charging

Yup, as I had no case on it for two days after applying a wet-install screen protector and the charging was just as bad. I have two cases for it, one plastic Oblique one with drop protection and one rubbery type of clear case (with a pretty design on the back), and think I have tried them both on the wireless charger stand (the rubbery one is on it right now and went from 3% (I was using it) to 34% in an hour and six minutes. I guess I can take the case off and compare.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Yup, as I had no case on it for two days after applying a wet-install screen protector and the charging was just as bad. I have two cases for it, one plastic Oblique one with drop protection and one rubbery type of clear case (with a pretty design on the back), and think I have tried them both on the wireless charger stand (the rubbery one is on it right now and went from 3% (I was using it) to 34% in an hour and six minutes. I guess I can take the case off and compare.

Have read nothing but bad things about the samsung charger. I got the Yootech (updated version) and it's a charm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance