Why is Amazon video draining my battery

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
So when I first got my S7 Edge, I noticed it came pre loaded with all kinds of goodies lol. So I uninstalled everything that I could which wasn't much because it doesn't let you. So I disabled everything that I could including anything that began with "Amazon". I never had any battery issues. In fact, I've been overall pretty impressed with the battery.

The other day I ordered some stuff from Amazon and decided to enable the Amazon App so I could track my order. Man was that a mistake. It started eating my battery like crazy. As soon as I noticed it was sucking down 61% of my battery on the first day, I immediately disabled it. The problem is that it's still draining my battery. Also, I enabled "Amazon" and "Amazon Video" is what is draining my battery. I never enabled "Amazon Video" though. What is going on and how do I stop it?

b7g8ht.png

2conb68.png

Thanks in advance

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you update to the latest version of the app. The default loaded version isn't the latest version.

I use Amazon and since I am a Amazon Prime member, I am always on Amazon Video. It never used excessive battery.

Make sure you reboot device too.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
In order to update it, I would have enable it and I don't want it enabled. Also, when you disable something, it uninstalls any updates and brings it back to the stock version that came with the phone. I'm sure your idea would work a lot better if I wanted to use it and put up with some battery drain but even after googling amazon app battery drain, I find that I'm not the only one reporting issues with Amazon apps killing batteries.

Thanks for the tip on rebooting device. Can't believe I forgot to do that. Hopefully it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles