How can I replace upday with flipboard?

A

AC Question

How can i replace upday with flipboard?

Upday was pre-installed on my Galaxy S7 Edge (Germany - Vodafone) and I would much prefer to use Flipboard. Is there a way without completely wiping my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it allow you to disable Upday in the App Manager? You wouldn't be able to remove it completely unless you root the phone.

IBJammin

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I installed Action 3 launcher and have Flip-board activate on leftmost screen. I can try to monkey with the stock launcher and see if I come up with a solution for ya.

IBJammin

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah... you can disable it either in the long press menu from any home screen or in the applications section (enable the showing of system apps) but it doesn't appear that you can replace it readily.

Jack Middlemiss

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the input! I'm going to try out the Action Launcher. Looks really good. I've been able to disable Upday. Annoying that you aren't given the option to replace it without rooting the whole phone.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Try Google Now Launcher too if you like Google Now. I switched straight away. You can also simply add a Flipboard widget to the home screen.

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can i replace upday with flipboard?

I'm using nova prime but I don't see an option to add it to the left most screen. Like the original poster, I'm curious how to add it, in my case while using a non stock launcher?

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe Nova supports Flipboard, Google Now etc as a full screen option (like GN in GNL).

The best I ever could do with Nova was to set up a swipe to open Google Now or Flipboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37