Is there a way to turn off automatic defaulting of programs on Marshmallow Galaxy S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

Previous versions of Android or maybe Motorola vs. Samsung had a choice of which app you want to use to open certain files. It said use Once or Always. Now whatever you choose one time is automatically set as your default. You literally have to go to default apps to delete this to have a choice again. Is there a way to turn off this auto designation of defaults?

rspmobile

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I recommend ES File Explorer if you like opening files from a file manager. It gives you the ability to not having defaults. However it won't help if your wanting to open a PDF or Doc from an email. I accidentally hit ok to update to marshmallow and didn't realize. Next thing it restarted on me and started updating. My last tablet I upgraded to Kit Kat because I liked how it worked on my phone. I use the SD card extensively on my tablets, no thanks to the lack of permissions in Kit Kat. One thing I have learned between these two updates, sometimes it isn't worth it when it was working just fine. There's my rant. Sorry I got off subject.