Google keyboard - can't select account

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just put the Google keyboard on (the old version sadly the new one not showing up yet) and I can't select my account in the settings. It just shows no account selected. Means I can't switch sync on. Is this the same for anyone else? How to fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. No it's not. But it doesn't even show up there so no way to even turn it on??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm--you installed Google Keyboard from the Play Store, but it doesn't show up in the Settings>Accounts-Google menu? That's odd. Did you install from the Play Store using the same Google account?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes installed form the play store using my normal account just like any other app. I noticed it didn't give me any option to switch on permissions so all the sync options were totally greyed out at first. Went and turned on the permissions via application manager and then it allowed me to turn on sync but no account shows up so sync doesn't actually work and just turns itself off again

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow fixed it with a rather unexpected solution. Found via Google others having the same issue. You basically have to mash the sync button in the Google keyboard settings on and off really fast for what was probably 30 seconds or more and then a disclaimer box pops up about connecting your account and you can then select your account. Very strange!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Excellent! Thanks for sharing the solution. I agree, that is a really strange bug. There's no way that they intended it to work that way.:-\ I'd submit feedback about it--go to the Google Keyboard Settings, tap Menu>Help & Feedback, and then Submit Feedback.

eRicK89

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Found a better way to choose account.
Basically all you need to do is tap the "Google Keyboard Sync" (Google Keyboard App - Accounts & Privacy) then a pop up will show press "Ok" then it will allow you to choose account.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Found a better way to choose account.
Basically all you need to do is tap the "Google Keyboard Sync" (Google Keyboard App - Accounts & Privacy) then a pop up will show press "Ok" then it will allow you to choose account.

Except pressing sync once didn't work for me. I had to do it multiple times. Maybe they have fixed it in the new keyboard update but I still don't have it

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen this pop up from time to time... usually I fuss with it for minute or two until it finally enables the toggle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia