On my 2nd S7 edge, but still having issues

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im on my 2nd brand new galaxy S7 edge, and still having connection issues with wifi and data-phone connection. My biggest complaint is the data connection. It'll be working fine, then for some reason, just cut out without warning, without notice. To get it back, I've got to go to settings and toggle the connection from global to lte /cdma and back to globle again to restart. Signal strength has no bearing on this. It just happens. Verizon had me try everything possible including a full factory reset, then a new sim card and another factory reset. Have done this on both phones. Both were brand new units. Ive got an LG V10 and a galaxy S6 edge and have no issues with either one of them. I also did a bit of research on line and found that im not the only one having this issue. If anyone can shed some light on the problem, it would very much be appreciated. Im ready to just ditch the S7 edge and stay with the S6 edge. That phone had been perfect. By the way, i did try the S6 edge sim in the S7 edge and the same problem persists. So it's got to be the S7 edge. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm that is weird. Something with Verizon in your area and that S7 Edge aren't mixing. I have friends on Verizon with the phone and they haven't once complained about data just randomly dropping... And some of them are extremely heavy users.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
But it's when I'm out & about that this mostly happens. In very strong signal areas.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just went out. In a store and went to call home. Guess what? No data. Had to do the toggle thing. And when it came back on, I had full bars.

BDub0817

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Having the issue on AT&T. I think it is a Qualcomm issue because I have a Lumia 950, 950 XL, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge on AT&T and all the phones have the same issue.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This should not be happening though. These phones were not cheap. Time to start complaining right to samsung. Seems to me this could be just a matter of an update of some kind.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, since im now retired and want to really try everything under the sun to get this phone to work, I tried the one thing that I didn't try on my current S7 edge or previous. That is i turned on the "activate wifi calling mode" . Even though this should not have made a difference, my S7 edge has been working flawlessly (knock on wood) ever since. No data drops at all. This is since last night around 8pm. I'll give it more time and continue to update. So try it. Active wifi calling.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE - Since I turned on wifi calling, ive not had a single data drop. Isnt it amazing that verizon tech support didnt know this when I spent over an hour on the phone with them with my first S 7 edge? I probably wouldnt have needed to ditch the first one and pick up a second. They had me try everything, soft reset, hard reset, resets I never heard of, full factory data reset, new sim card, then another full factory reset. And that was still on my first S7 edge. So when I got my second S7 edge, and had the same issue, I knew there had to be something wrong that could be fixed. I Dont believe in coincidences. By the way, did I mention that both phones were brand new, right out of the box. I paid full price for both. I didn't want someone else's used phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy