Screen stopped working, burning out?

dennis1932

May 9, 2016
Visit site
SO Sunday morning I wake up and my phone has been on charge all night, its 100%, I unplug the phone and about 10 minutes later its very hot and at around 60% battery. So to stop this I go to turn it off and start seeing these red "bubbles" under the screen like water but its the LEDs turning red. I have never dropped the phone or put it under water. Its a hot day as it is and about 5 hours later I turn the phone back on and its fine for around 15 minutes watching youtube videos, it then starts flashing black, like the whole screen shuts off for half a second and comes back, still sound playing, about 5 minutes later the phone starts glitching out and the pixels on the right hand side start turning red (Screenshot by Lightshot) like so. Then the phone starts jumping between that and this (Screenshot by Lightshot) which happened for around a minute and since then the phone screen is just black and doesnt display anything but the phone is still active and had feedback on the screen such as touch vibrations. Really want to know whats happened and why if anyone can help.

Last edited:

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My son just had the screen fail on his Edge and had to get a new phone. Same thing, had haptic feedback when trying to enter pattern lock on home screen after a restart but screen was black. Don't think he ever had the static looking screen.
That bottom picture looks like my screen did with my S5 when the digitizer went.