Anybody else using Good Lock?

Jayjit Biswas

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
No Mobile tower indication in my Goodlock. Another one important shortcut is missing auto snyc option.

Posted via the Android Central App

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I just installed the latest version. Could be my imagination, but the fingerprint unlock option seems to register much faster now.

There used to be a way to collapse persistent notifications so they didn't take up real estate on the lock screen. Anyone know how to do this?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the latest version. Could be my imagination, but the fingerprint unlock option seems to register much faster now.

There used to be a way to collapse persistent notifications so they didn't take up real estate on the lock screen. Anyone know how to do this?

It's not your imagination, since it was released I tested this and it was faster by a lot, the reason of the speed difference is when you have some Micro SD cards, can't tell you why but it seems that certain type of brand of cards affects the process when unlocking with fingerprint, I tested this by removing the SD card after just getting the little lag unlocking and it works great, then you insert the card and it goes back to the same. With GoodLoc this was solved somehow so that was always an advantage of this app over the original SystemUI.

For the notifications, just go to the app's settings and in Advanced be sure to turn on Notification Keep, this will allow to move those persistent notifications to the Keep tab and in there you can create folders for them.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that it isn't compatible with the Note 4, but you can still download it from APK mirror, which I have done. Will this prevent me from getting any future updates to this app, as I do have a Note 4.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I really liked it, but didn't like the new app switcher that shows all the apps in a list. Does anyone know if you can turn that part of it off?

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I really liked it, but didn't like the new app switcher that shows all the apps in a list. Does anyone know if you can turn that part of it off?

Good Lock -> Advanced -> Enable new recents panel (turn it off)

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Go into Good Lock settings and under 'Advanced' you'll find an option to toggle back to the card-style recents panel.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
24.0.10 is out now. From what I see it gives more options for quick settings, a feedback option, and a backup/restore option.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has done a really good job adding features and options that people have been requesting with each update. I use Good Lock exclusively now because of that (I didn't like it when it was first released).

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I installed it but no visible changes. Probably under the hood.

Posted via my Titanium S7 Edge!

I've had a bug with the recent apps being blank at times that only fixes on reboot. I've reported it and requested the option to hide Good Lock from the app drawer, so hopefully we'll see one or both in version 12.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty good with the latest update. I've been using it for about a week and a half now. My only real complaint is that my phone goes to sleep it can be unlocked by swiping. I have fingerprint lock on. Still exploring. Maybe it's user error.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I previously used this and liked it, but I had issues with it on my Note 5. Battery would go quick, as well as quick reboots, where an app would end and it would say my phone restarted. I I installed it, and was still having issues. I ended up having to do a factory reset.
Is this version better?

trinichindian

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I previously used this and liked it, but I had issues with it on my Note 5. Battery would go quick, as well as quick reboots, where an app would end and it would say my phone restarted. I I installed it, and was still having issues. I ended up having to do a factory reset.
Is this version better?

Working fine in the 7edge. Can't comment on a Note 5 experience.

Posted via my Titanium S7 Edge!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2