iPhone 6s to S7E

A

AC Question

Hey People,

Thinking about switching to S7E from iPhone 6s. First iPhone was a 5s, switched from a S3. Before invest money on S7E (no money back returns down here), since I was out of the eco system for sometime I decided to use a Samsung J7 which was lying around for past week. So far happy with it.

I read lots threads in the forum regarding S7E issues, random reboots, heating and reboot, YT videos lagging when viewing in HQ, Wifi, BT issues, all were during march - april, and I was wondering how the issues are now, did Samsung push updates to address them?

Also people who switched from iOS what are you rocking as a "Reminders" alternatives.

Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I recommend joining as a member - you'll be welcome - and engaging with other users in the S7e forum, to which I'll request that this be moved.

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I didn't get my device until April, but I don't experience any of the issues you mention. The only issue I've had was related to unlocking the device, but I've been able to avoid it by not installing the app that appears to have caused it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey People,

Thinking about switching to S7E from iPhone 6s. First iPhone was a 5s, switched from a S3. Before invest money on S7E (no money back returns down here), since I was out of the eco system for sometime I decided to use a Samsung J7 which was lying around for past week. So far happy with it.

I read lots threads in the forum regarding S7E issues, random reboots, heating and reboot, YT videos lagging when viewing in HQ, Wifi, BT issues, all were during march - april, and I was wondering how the issues are now, did Samsung push updates to address them?

Also people who switched from iOS what are you rocking as a "Reminders" alternatives.

Thanks

It's not really a comparison. The galaxy phones in my opinion can do more and they are better than apple. Customizing. Apps. Specs. Screen. Camera. Video. Build. Battery.

posted from my galaxy s7edge

jaleelhamidd

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from 6s to s7e and honestly I love it if was kinda nervous but best feeling ever the 7 edge and made it worth it is difficult recommend you do it. You won't regret it

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had my S7E since March 21st and I haven't had much issues on it at all - pretty good phone compared to my previous S5 and even before that my iPhone 5. After having switched from Apple nearly 3 years ago, I know that android is more appealing (in terms of phones) to me. I love the fact that it is not forced for me to have all my icons on my home screen. I absolutely hate that Apple has no way of hiding apps you don't want to see or putting them away like you can in the app drawer in android phones. As mentioned above, I like that it's customizable to your liking and not to the manufacturers. You're able to make your phone, YOUR phone. I love Apple - when it comes to laptops and iPads, I'm all for Apple, but their innovations with their phones haven't been appealing as of late. It's always the same thing every year, just adding a new little thing. I love my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and since I've been a Samsung girl or the past 3 years now, I am fairly certain that I am sticking to this platform for quite a while. I'm sure you won't regret it. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a beautiful device and it works great. Don't focus on all the bad comments on the phone. It's a forum - most people will talk about the problems their devices have. It doesn't necessarily mean that every single device is going to have that problem. My coworker has had the same phone - longer than I have - and she still loves it and she switched from iPhone 6. Overall, there should be no reason for you to be hesitant to switch. There are plenty of apps out there that are alternative to the ones Apple provides. Good luck and I hope it works well for you!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey People,

Thanks

I have had mine since launch with none of the issues you mentioned.

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I go back and forth between Android and iOS, came from 6S plus to S7 Edge, and the device has been absolutely fantastic, perhaps the best Android experience I have had thus far.

Don't get too caught up in the forum posts, you have to consider that this is a public forum, most people who have an issue will come here to voice a problem not praise.

With that said, there are millions of these devices sold and a few threads so take it with a grain on salt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt