Edge Plus to S7 Edge

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
So I realize this question is probably very common but for those who made the switch, how do you like it? Now that the dust has settled a bit on the new phones I'm curious to see if it was worth the upgrade. For me, I've been thinking about getting the new one but there are a lot of similarities that make me question the move. Is the S7 Edge noticeably better than the Edge Plus? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My coworker has an Edge+, and I have an 7 Edge. Not much difference really. I think you can get the new Edge features on the Galaxy Store as well. It's easier to handle though since it's smaller. I don't notice too much difference in the camera for my own purposes.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the Edge Plus and made the mistake of trying to root it, and pretty much made it unusable. So I was almost forced to upgrade to the S7 Edge. Is this the best phone that I have ever used? It absolutely is. But prior to this, The Edge Plus was the best phone I have ever used. And though there are subtle improvements, I don't know that they would have been enough for me to deliberately upgrade. The only thing that comes close to making me think I might have anyway is the significant Improvement in battery life.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Agreed and from my experience the the exynos 7420 is still a real good competitor against the Snapdragon 820. Because there is still some throttling going on

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! The feature that keeps drawing me to the S7 Edge is the battery. My Edge Plus does ok but I do find myself searching for my charger more than I'd like to.

palmor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got the S7 edge 2 days ago but so far it seems much better on battery life then my S6 E+. On a typical work day I'd have around 30-40% battery left after 12 hours (this is after a fresh reset) and yesterday (the 1st full day I've had the S7 Edge) I had 72% after 12 hours. That included the normal usage of checking/sending email, a 15 min phone call, etc plus listening to audible via bluetooth in the car for 2.5hrs of commuting.

This of course isn't scientific but just based on that small sample size it seems much better.

Today I've had it off the charger for 6.5 hours and I'm at 90% but with very little screen time (15 min) since I've been stuck in meetings all day.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The biggest issue with the s6ep for me was that it just wasn't comfortable to hold even with a case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084