Got Warranty for Cracked Back Screen

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Last Friday while I was cleaning my phone, I completely forgot about it and stood up. Ended up dropped my phone from about 2-3 feet and it landed on carpet. I thought nothing of it and moved on. Come Saturday, I was trying to clean the wrap that I had on the back of my phone and I started seeing fine glassy powder. I removed the wrap only to see a shattered back screen :( How that cracked the screen, I have no idea but I was really upset with myself as I am very meticulous about keeping my phones in a clean condition.

I sent the phone into Samsung, first got a quote for around $300. I told them there was no way I was paying almost half the price of the phone just to replace the back glass. I think the rep misunderstood me because she then lowered it down to around $80. That's more reasonable.

I sent in my phone and today received an email stating that my phone was completely repaired and when I called in to check the status and how much the repair costs would be, the rep told me that my phone was covered under warranty so they replaced it for free.

I may have just got lucky but I'm glad I don't have to pay $80 out of pocket :) The rep on the phone clearly told me since it was my fault I would have to pay for repairs out of warranty. Thank you Samsung!

Samiksha12

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy s7 edge fall frm my hand and got cracked in front screen. Its just 2 months old. Will I get replacement from Samsung? Please help.

Last Friday while I was cleaning my phone, I completely forgot about it and stood up. Ended up dropped my phone from about 2-3 feet and it landed on carpet. I thought nothing of it and moved on. Come Saturday, I was trying to clean the wrap that I had on the back of my phone and I started seeing fine glassy powder. I removed the wrap only to see a shattered back screen :( How that cracked the screen, I have no idea but I was really upset with myself as I am very meticulous about keeping my phones in a clean condition.

I sent the phone into Samsung, first got a quote for around $300. I told them there was no way I was paying almost half the price of the phone just to replace the back glass. I think the rep misunderstood me because she then lowered it down to around $80. That's more reasonable.

I sent in my phone and today received an email stating that my phone was completely repaired and when I called in to check the status and how much the repair costs would be, the rep told me that my phone was covered under warranty so they replaced it for free.

I may have just got lucky but I'm glad I don't have to pay $80 out of pocket :) The rep on the phone clearly told me since it was my fault I would have to pay for repairs out of warranty. Thank you Samsung!