How do I remove " calls will be made over Wi-fi" from notification bar

westie3130

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have TMobile. I have not been able to remove "calls will be made over wi-fi" message from notification bar, without turning off wi-fi. Does anyone know how to do this, where I can still have my wi-fi turned on? Thanks.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you turn off the wifi calling (or is that what you mean by turning off wifi?) you won't see that message. It's only there when you have wifi coverage, and the phone is set to prefer calling over wifi. Should be under the phone settings menus.

If you're looking to turn it off, and still use wifi calling, you're pretty much out of luck :(

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... there is a way to remove the notification at the app permissions level, but it would most likely also squash any notifications coming from the app that created it... i.e. the Phone. And that's probably not the wisest thing to do.

I agree that it is an annoying one, and one that could have been better served by modifying the phone signal status icon instead. Personally, I hate persistent notifications, especially when they are really 'permanent' and not just for when I have an app running that I plan on closing fairly soon, like PocketCast or Waze.