About S finder

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
So coming from iPhone I do miss the spotlight in-app search which was very handy. The S finder doesn't work as well but is there any equivalent for the spotlight search?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So coming from iPhone I do miss the spotlight in-app search which was very handy. The S finder doesn't work as well but is there any equivalent for the spotlight search?

Don't know how spotlight search works, but Google's Gesture Search app can search for apps (as well as other things), and if you put it's icon on the edge panel you can bring it up from anywhere. Google Now can also search and start apps using your voice, and if you enable Google Now from any screen you can do it from anywhere.

Nunoww

May 20, 2016
Visit site
i had the same problem with s6, came from iphone and really missed spotlight!

i found a few options

1) Install Nova Launcher Prime, you can add a swipe down gesture with a search engine from nova, very similar

2) Use Nova Launcher + androsearch, set a gesture to open androsearch (that´s what i use) ! androsearch interface is terrible, but it´s perfect for my use, it search through everything !

3) Use All in one gestures(https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.phoenixstudios.aiogestures&token=Vb8nGgY_) + any search app like androsearch or sfinder! Same idea from nova, use a gesture to open a search app

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
The spotlight search was handy because it searched from within apps. For example it looked for e-mails received or sent. Or text messages with the specific word you used for search.