Animations off?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Settings>Developer Options>Set Animation Scale to off.

You have to turn of Developer options first though. Seem to have forgotten exactly how, but you're going to go into About phone and repeatedly tap an entry there. I think it was the build number.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Settings/about phone/build number. Keep tapping until developer options turn on. Be sure to adjust all 4 animation settings. I set them to. 5x. Makes the phone much faster.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to 0.5x , feels so snappy now. Love it!

Posted via the Android Central App on S7 Edge

About the developer option. You can make your phone faster? After setting it to go faster, will you always have to be in "developer edition"? Does DE change your phone in operation, features, appearance, etc?

Last edited:

Lance Redden

May 9, 2016
Visit site
About the developer option. You can make your phone faster? After setting it to go faster, will you always have to be in "developer edition"? Does DE change your phone in operation, features, appearance, etc?

Idk if it's making the actual phone faster. It's just changing the animation speed so it appears to be faster. Doesn't change or affect the operation of any of the features or the device itself. If your not comfortable with the settings you change, you can always revert back.

Posted via the Android Central App on S7 Edge

ZeneticX

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I personally ALWAYS change this to .5x on every phone since I discovered it. This together with Nova launcher's animation set to Fast option, will make every phone fly

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Developer options is a set of bundled options hidden by default in Android phones (at least all the phones I've had). There are quite a few more than the Animations settings mentioned here, and most you won't need and shouldn't mess around with anyway. That said, if you were to set something that you didn't like or that caused issues, as has been mentioned, you could just set it back.

The lowering of the default animations speed is a way to make your phone (at least seem) snappier in response. I'd say of the people I see talking about it the past couple of years, most like it and a few prefer to leave the setting as is.

If you want to activate the Developer options settings:

1) Go to Settings > About Phone > Build number
2) Tap on Build Number a number of times (I think it's 7 times)
As you go you get the little toast messages popping up letting you know you're almost there, and a final one that tells you Developer options are activated.
3) Go in to your main Settings and scroll down near the bottom to the new Developer options entry.
4) Find the 3 Animation settings pictured in the screenshot upthread, and change them to either 0.5 or turn off animations completely by setting them to 0.0 (mine are turned off).

You can then see if you like it and change those Animations back to 1.0 if you don't.

It's a simple little tweak, but a lot of us dig it.

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I missed the "." from the original post about what to change the animation to and thought it said "5x"... Needless to say, when I set mine to "5x" I thought the poster was crazy until I noticed he actually said ".5x". lol. I have no idea why anyone would ever want to set their animation to 5x or 10x. Why are those even options!? haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad