How Can I Transfer SMS Messagers From iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung S7 Edge?

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I use three phones for business, personal and overseas sim cards.
Up to now they have all been iPhones (1 x 6 Plus & 2 x 5s')

I have purchased the S7 Edge for Business and have the iPhone 6 Plus for personal use.

I have unsuccessfully attempted to move my collection of SMS texts, going back to 2010 to the S7 Edge.

Samsung Smart Switch moved my calendar and contacts over without any problem, but there is no option to move SMS over.
Isms2droid just got stuck all the time and I read it doesn't work with IOS 9!
Android Converter doesn't work either.

I still have my SMS history on the two remaining iPhones that I use, but I would prefer to have it on the S7 as I don't always have immediate access to my iPhones when out and about.

Is there a way of transferring messages from an iPhone using iOS 9 to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that works?
Surely every former Apple user hasn't abandoned their SMS history or been forced to keep a spare iPhone around!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I use Smart Switch. Backup your iPhone via iTunes first. Start Smart Switch and pick the latest backup. Select messages and it will copy them to your Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Smart Switch will not transfer my texts. I believe having, read elsewhere, Smart Switch doesn't work with text transfers with IOS 9.

I will follow gavo360's link and report back.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Smart Switch will not transfer my texts. I believe having, read elsewhere, Smart Switch doesn't work with text transfers with IOS 9.

I will follow gavo360's link and report back.

Smartswitch worked great for me using the adapter that came in the box. Didn't use iCloud backup. Transfers texts with no issue from 6s plus to 7edge.

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hooray!!!!
Thanks cdd543 and NickA,
I finally managed to transfer all my sms messages dating back to January 2010!!

1: Download Smartswitch to computer.
2: Connect iPhone 6 plus to Mac and using iTunes, backup iPhone 6 plus, ensuring the backup is not encrypted.
3: Disconnect iPhone 6 plus from computer. (no longer needed)
4: Connect Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Mac using original Samsung cable (won't work with a third party cable!).
5: Open Smartswitch on Mac.
6: Message with appear on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Answer yes.
7: Select the latest iPhone backup on the Mac.
8: Depending how much data is backed up the message 'List of backup files is being loaded'will appear.
8a: Be prepared for a very long wait (I think mine was around 20 minutes, might have been longer). I had used about 60GB on my 128GB.
9: Eventually everything will download and you will be presented with about 10 boxes to choose from.
10: Tick the boxes you wish to restore to the Samsung phone.
11: Transfer is very quick. (in my case a minute or so for messages, phone log, alarms and one other).

Note:
I had been using the Samsung for a number of weeks and built up quite a collection of new texts, so was relieved to see the restored texts were added to these and didn't overwrite them.

Joy of joys.......

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae