screen brightness acting funny in the sun today

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
went to the park today. sat down for a bit to browse the phone. after a little bit, the screen seemed to go to around half brightness. the brightness was set to auto and showed being maxed. i tried moving the brightness slider, and it would jump back to full. it was acting weird. i couldnt move the brightness slider. does the brightness get over-riden if the phone gets too hot? it was 80 degrees today.
worked ok afterward, but not earlier in the sun.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
went to the park today. sat down for a bit to browse the phone. after a little bit, the screen seemed to go to around half brightness. the brightness was set to auto and showed being maxed. i tried moving the brightness slider, and it would jump back to full. it was acting weird. i couldnt move the brightness slider. does the brightness get over-riden if the phone gets too hot? it was 80 degrees today.
worked ok afterward, but not earlier in the sun.

Mine does the same thing sometimes. When it does, the white parts on the screen don't even look white anymore, they have a grayish look to them.

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
bmw x5 :cool:

but seriously, i have the s7 edge. with the old note, the screen would go into a white mode in the sun. not sure how this s7 edge is supposed to act in the sun.

It is normal. I have the s7 also. The brightness slider bar is supposed to increase under the sun to make sure the screen is visible to the user. That said, the screen IS supposed to get brighter under the sun. So what is happening for you is totally normal.

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
bmw x5 :cool:

but seriously, i have the s7 edge. with the old note, the screen would go into a white mode in the sun. not sure how this s7 edge is supposed to act in the sun.

Also the phone is gonna naturally get hot because its metal and glass under sun.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca