Yesterday 06:10 AM
181 ... 678
tools
    I just had the exact same thing happen to me! I had an iPhone 6 and it was time for an upgrade, but I didn't think (and still don't) that the iPhon 7 was worth it, so I took a shot with the s7 edge. I got it in October and all of a sudden these lines have appeared and won't go away. I've tried everythinga nd nothing seems to work. I took it to T-Mobile and all they offered was to replace it with a refurbished phone, but to be quite honest, I think i'll just go back to my iPhone. There goes me trying to get back onto Android, guess Apple really does do it better.
    Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
    04-09-2017 10:47 PM
    I just had the exact same thing happen to me! I had an iPhone 6 and it was time for an upgrade, but I didn't think (and still don't) that the iPhon 7 was worth it, so I took a shot with the s7 edge. I got it in October and all of a sudden these lines have appeared and won't go away. I've tried everythinga nd nothing seems to work. I took it to T-Mobile and all they offered was to replace it with a refurbished phone, but to be quite honest, I think i'll just go back to my iPhone. There goes me trying to get back onto Android, guess Apple really does do it better.
    Apple has its problems too.. I don't see a big deal they offered you a refurbished replacement... That's what Apple gives you too when you have a problem.
    04-09-2017 11:02 PM
    Just signed up to comment on this. I had the line problem and tried reboot, factory reset to no avail. Lucky this problem showed up 3 weeks before my warranty expires. They changed the screen and the LCD and got it within 2 days. I would say this is the best fix. I read at other forums or videos its really risky to change just the LCD or just the screen as both are delicately attached to each other. Hope this helps.
    04-20-2017 03:35 PM
    Hello everyone , i have a solution for this problem and it repaired itself , all i done is putting it on airplane mode and charging for 3 days and used another phone , then i found it normal again
    04-21-2017 04:41 PM
    I have this dark line problem. Is it me or has this problem come about since last samsung up date or is it just a coincident. Since the last up date freezing and dark lines across screen . Let me no if I am not the only one who thinks this
    04-21-2017 05:25 PM
    I have this dark line problem. Is it me or has this problem come about since last samsung up date or is it just a coincident. Since the last up date freezing and dark lines across screen . Let me no if I am not the only one who thinks this
    Nope the latest update has nothing to do with it, the real cause of this is probably that there is a defect on a certain s7 edge's. Mine fixed itself after 6 months of using it on full brightness so that the lines wont appear, had to charge my phone up to 3 times a day though.
    Yesterday 06:10 AM
181 ... 678