S7 playing 1080p and 720p movies

ryue

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

I currently own a iPhone 5s and was looking to upgrade it to the Galaxy S7. I would like to know how a 1080p or a 720p movies (mostly japanese animes) would look on a super high resolution screen 2560x1440.

I do have a 1080p 24 inch PC monitor and watching any lower resolution movie results in a blurry image. Same apply for any games.

But I was wondering if the same phenomenon (blurriness and etc) would happen on a such small smartphone screen.

Not sure If I was clearly enough with my questions, sorry for my bad English and thanks to all.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
As with all devices, the videos will resize to fit the screen. The problem with big screens like TVs, pixels on lower resolution videos will be blown up to a larger size, hence it looks blurry. Videos won't necessarily be blurry on a smaller screen, since the blown up pixels are a bit small. There should be very little degradation in quality compared to a screen of lower resolution at the same size.

Even your TV. If you put a 720p screen of the same size beside it, and play the same movie, quality would be almost the same. You will just notice it being blurry because you have a comparison that it can be clearer. So a 720p will look like 720p, no matter what screen resolution you use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800