Android OS destroying My Data and the S7 Edge

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a galaxy s7 edge purchased from UAE

And recently when I finished my monthly quota of 1.5GB of data allowance.

I realized that Android Os is eating up every bit of my data.

Please help me get out of this, I have tried disabling and updating everything.
Tried safe mode too but still no luck.

I have searched over many forums and haven't come up with a satisfactory solution yet.

Please do help me

Here are few screenshots as references.Screenshot_20160607-150630.jpgScreenshot_20160607-150647-2.jpgScreenshot_20160607-150656.jpgScreenshot_20160607-150826.jpg

angeljavy

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, and I also have search for a solution, I've try almost everything.

But Android SO, still consuming my data mobile, it's really anything, by the way I thought it was because I have the Dual Sim version.

I hope someone could help you.
3263a390db5ab47920ee6e048b86ebe3.jpg
9e7a872ea8f56449eeeadf57b0b2c1c9.jpg

And this is my rom
f3aebe59ece5a6031bb71f68278bfde3.jpg

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
325megs of 1.5gigs is not eating up every bit of your data.
If android os was using 1.5 gigs then yes it would be eating up every bit of your data.
Its the operating system so using up 350 megs i dont think is to terribly bad.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
325megs of 1.5gigs is not eating up every bit of your data.
If android os was using 1.5 gigs then yes it would be eating up every bit of your data.
Its the operating system so using up 350 megs i dont think is to terribly bad.

Hi that is 350MB in a spam of 3 days which is tremendously insane as I never had 10% of that on my old phones.
And the best part is I don't even know what is eating the data.

I have looked at every possible thread and can't seem to find a solution for this,
I really hope someone over here has the answers to my questions

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Spotify and Facebook shows its own break up for data usage as you can see in the above screenshots.
It is typically just the Android Os usage which is killing me.

Other users have reported the android os usage to be far far far less.

I really need to find a solution for this

Gaurav Sag

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
1 ] Set a data Usage limit in the phone's setting.Also you can manually "Force Stop " every app that you see using your data.
Also it is advisable to keep your data connection OFF when not using so that these background processes get very less access to your data services.

2] Root your phone and you can kill and freeze apps using some available 3rd party apps on the playstore(Like Link2SD ).

The Second solution is very helpful.It will put you in the control of your phone.

Only a word of caution Rooting your phone will void its warranty. So root only if your warranty has expired.

Also before rooting your phone go through some tutorials (videos ,articles on rooting) for your phone so that you have a clear idea of what you are doing.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately I have tried but you cannot force stop the Android Os that is consuming so much data

And I don't want to root the phone as it is still under warranty!

Any other suggestions?

angeljavy

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately I have tried but you cannot force stop the Android Os that is consuming so much data

And I don't want to root the phone as it is still under warranty!

Any other suggestions?
FINALLY i found the answer try this, do the wipe and restore your mobile, configure all but when the systems ask you for you google acount, skip that phase, then when finish the configuration, create a new one google account DO NOT USE OR SINCRONIZE a previous google account just use a new look i had the same issue and finally Android OS dont consume so much data .
2b6299192f4f8bc7f9ebb4e098b65399.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
FINALLY i found the answer try this, do the wipe and restore your mobile, configure all but when the systems ask you for you google acount, skip that phase, then when finish the configuration, create a new one google account DO NOT USE OR SINCRONIZE a previous google account just use a new look i had the same issue and finally Android OS dont consume so much data .//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/2b6299192f4f8bc7f9ebb4e098b65399.jpg
That's not an option really.

You want to synchronize your old Google account to the new phone so the calendars, contacts, and other files like photos also move automatically to the new phone. Obviously it would eat up a lot of data if you also use it to transfer Google photos.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
But when I have turned off the sync it still consumes a lot of data!
Secondly do you mean to factory reset it?
And if I do so, how am i supposed to transfer my contacts and other details?

CeCe82

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Do you have any other solution to this problem?

I think that I might also post this by itself, as I've been searching for am answer for weeks but am yet to find one.*
****** Anyhow, I'm experiencing the same problem.* I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, the US version with Snapdragon running Marshmallow. Android OS is using way too much data is the background and I have no idea as to why.* I keep the data off when I'm not using it.* I restrict the background data most of the time when the data is on due to this, but it still uses background data.* I keep sync off, battery saver on, I don't have Facebook or any other social networking except plain old texting.* In fact I only have one app that i downloaded at the moment.* That's Candy Crush Soda and it's not the problem I don't think.
******* It's so irritating because I don't have WiFi so I honestly do not use this phone as much as I'd like to, as I could with my old phone.* I've figured that I can use 0.1 gb a day to stay with my data limit and Android OS is using that much in 2 to 3 days!!!!! I'm at a loss for what else to try.* Oh yeah,* as of last night I optimized all my apps that will within the battery options. Too soon to tell if that will help at all seeing as how Android OS is not listed.* Any new suggestions?* Thank You Kindly

CeCe82

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
i think that i might also post this by itself, as i've been searching for am answer for weeks but am yet to find one.*
****** anyhow, i'm experiencing the same problem.* i have a samsung galaxy s7, the us version with snapdragon running marshmallow. Android os is using way too much data is the background and i have no idea as to why.* i keep the data off when i'm not using it.* i restrict the background data most of the time when the data is on due to this, but it still uses background data.* i keep sync off, battery saver on, i don't have facebook or any other social networking except plain old texting.* in fact i only have one app that i downloaded at the moment.* that's candy crush soda and it's not the problem i don't think.
******* it's so irritating because i don't have wifi so i honestly do not use this phone as much as i'd like to, as i could with my old phone.* i've figured that i can use 0.1 gb a day to stay with my data limit and android os is using that much in 2 to 3 days!!!!! I'm at a loss for what else to try.* oh yeah,* as of last night i optimized all my apps that will within the battery options. Too soon to tell if that will help at all seeing as how android os is not listed.* any new suggestions?* thank you kindly
"i forgot to mention that i'm with verizon"

vcfvct

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my Nexus 6 running Marshmallow.
What's my observation is The 'Android OS' typically starts to download a lot of stuff when I turn my device on. My Sprint LTE shows up faster than my home wifi when boot, so the Android OS will then use my cellular data for the downloading which I have no idea what it is. And It is about 100-200M each time which is kind of crazy if you do not have a lot of monthly data.

One temporary solution i found is
1. turn the phone to Airplane Mode before sleep.
2. in the morning, do not switch off the Airplane mode but turn on wifi first.
3. after wifi connects and the whatever crazy download starts, turn on the Cellular of your service provider.

Bryant4114

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my Nexus 6 running Marshmallow.
What's my observation is The 'Android OS' typically starts to download a lot of stuff when I turn my device on. My Sprint LTE shows up faster than my home wifi when boot, so the Android OS will then use my cellular data for the downloading which I have no idea what it is. And It is about 100-200M each time which is kind of crazy if you do not have a lot of monthly data.

One temporary solution i found is
1. turn the phone to Airplane Mode before sleep.
2. in the morning, do not switch off the Airplane mode but turn on wifi first.
3. after wifi connects and the whatever crazy download starts, turn on the Cellular of your service provider.

Is there really no solution for this?

My android os uses 700mb of my 2gb allowance every month and its infuriating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2