Cracked glass at the back - to fix or not to fix?

LordFarkward

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
IMG-20160608-WA0005.jpg

Ouch :'( dropped on floor, then it cracked.

It's now in a case, so it should help reduce any further cracks. But, should I still go fix it? What's stopping me is the hassle of the need to back up the phone (I haven't even downloaded Samsung's back up tool as well), then restoring after I get it back.

Do you reckon the waterproofness is affected due to the cracked glass? I do do a lot of water sports and that's why I picked a waterproof phone. If the integrity is compromised I'll be forced to go fix it, I guess. But I don't want to fix it if I don't need to.

So, what do you reckon? Thanks in advance!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the waterproofing will be affected honestly. I was under the impression that the phone assembly was already waterproofed and the glass back was slapped on it. But don't go testing it because I may be wrong. Just treat it like any other phone and don't dunk it in water.

bLueBrY

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
yes just a cheap light one, I don't like big cases like otters, but why does it seem so cheaply made that it cracked so easily

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 229616

Ouch :'( dropped on floor, then it cracked.

It's now in a case, so it should help reduce any further cracks. But, should I still go fix it? What's stopping me is the hassle of the need to back up the phone (I haven't even downloaded Samsung's back up tool as well), then restoring after I get it back.

Do you reckon the waterproofness is affected due to the cracked glass? I do do a lot of water sports and that's why I picked a waterproof phone. If the integrity is compromised I'll be forced to go fix it, I guess. But I don't want to fix it if I don't need to.

So, what do you reckon? Thanks in advance!

I think samsung coated internal parts to achieve their IP rating so I don't think you've compromised anything. Aesthetically it doesn't look good and will affect resale value.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
yes just a cheap light one, I don't like big cases like otters, but why does it seem so cheaply made that it cracked so easily

It's not cheaply made, it's glass. Dropping any phone is a gamble but when it's glass on the front and back and it's got no case or a slim case the odds are a little less in your favor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol