dropping phone

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how the edge is holding up to being dropped. I was worried about the curved edge breaking.
Would love to hear from users that have dropped their's, do you have glass tempered screen protector on it?

Posted from Android Central

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally wouldn't test it. I've dropped it pretty hard and my case saved it but I wouldn't bank on it. I personally wouldn't bank on any phone dropping unless it's something like the S7 Active.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
No I wouldn't on purpose, but never had a edge before.
What case do you have?

Posted from Android Central

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I dropped it flat on the screen and my lumia fell on top of it adding more force and weight...it made a Lound sound and i was sure screen cracked...but to my surprise screen was ok...thou i have minor scratches..as iam not using any protective screen guards...i droped my phone from around 3 feet

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not very sturdy imo. My phone was in a tech21 case and it looks like a missle hit it. About a 3 foot drop face first.

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Just check out the number of ones with cracked screens/backs on eBay... not the most durable phone around. Still love it, though I haven't cracked the screen/back yet. Ask me again later if/when that happens.

KBx315x

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Its all going to depend on how it hits honestly I dropped with no case like 10 times before I finally cracked the back, I snuck it passed warranty saying it was a long scratch lol. I now have it in a otterbox case.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have dropped mine and no tg, but have a case. No damage but I wouldn't intentionally drop it either

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I have dropped mine several times. I don't have a single scratch on my phone.

Funny how I realize I need to be extra careful with this phone yet I have dropped it more times than any other phone I've had in the past. :) I use a wallet case and wouldn't trust any other type of case with this phone. Good thing I like wallet cases!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I dropped it days after picking it up. It happened while I was in Windsor...my aunt passed away.

It dropped from shoulder height I'm using my Spigen Ultra Hybrid case but let me tell you I was freaking out but after checking it NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH or DAMAGE.

I made a joke that my aunt watched over me. :)

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Symmetry. I dropped it a few times and nothing. Great case. A couple days ago I took my s7e out of the case to attach USB thumb drive and dropped it on cement. Cracked in several places. Even with the best assurion insurance, I have to pay $199. Bummer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma