Adding old messages to new ones

Sethbert

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
My GS7 Edge for AT&T is adding old texts messages to new ones. It will be what I typed on my end, but the person I'm texting will get part of the new message and then part of an old message making for very confusing texts. Anyone know how to fix this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using a different SMS app? I wonder if it's the app itself or if it's something 'deeper' going on. I don't have issues on mine, but I do remember that when I had texting issues (getting random weird symbols if anyone used emoji) was from AT&T iPhones, so maybe there's also something going on with the carrier?

Does it happen with all contacts or just a few?

Sethbert

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I've tried the default one, hangouts, and then a random one I downloaded and all of them seemed to have the problem. It's only happened with a few people, but they are also the ones I text the most, they are all on AT&T iPhones I think.
If I clear all the data from the messaging app and then delete the messages it seems to fix it for a while, but it gets annoying to do that multiple times a day.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it could be an issue with your carrier then. I'd contact them and maybe they either know about the issue or can tweak things on their side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae