torn between two

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I was planning on getting a Nexus 5x once I get rid of my Moto x style (pure edition) but after messing with my friends over the weekend something about the screen bothered me and the way he described the battery life he got it wasn't as good as what I currently get (and he barely uses it for anything other than texting ).
Which leads me to this , I'm going to get an s7 edge or s7 now (touch whiz does not bother me) just need to pick either or now. Do any of you have a Moto x style ( or had ) and now have an s7 edge or s7? I've tried looking around but haven't seen anything.
Edit : I meant to say battery life wise ,but it didn't add

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What exactly are you looking for? From a pure specs standpoint, the S7 is obviously faster, better RAM, bigger battery, with a better camera.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This video compares it to the S6, which is just slightly different from the S7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j55sZi69pmI
I think the Moto X Style is a little dated to be compared to the S7.

That's you're opinion, but I'm curious if anyone had an X and went to the one of the newer S7 or s7 edge. I had the s6 edge before this so i know how it was ,but thanks.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What exactly are you looking for? From a pure specs standpoint, the S7 is obviously faster, better RAM, bigger battery, with a better camera.

But bigger battery doesn't always translate to better battery life ,I'm curious if anyone went to one of the new Samsung devices from an X.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
But bigger battery doesn't always translate to better battery life ,I'm curious if anyone went to one of the new Samsung devices from an X.

You said you had the S6 Edge before. If it's simply battery life you're looking for, it's dependent on the person, and this would be the best parameter. Both S7 phones has a bigger battery and longer battery life than the S6 and S6 Edge. The smaller S7 has the same battery as an S6 Edge+. The bigger S7(Edge) has a battery nearly 50% more than an S6 Edge. Battery efficiency should almost be the same then account for the bigger battery, unless you get a SnapDragon version of the S7.

So the easiest comparison would be your own experience with the S6, compared to the X Style. You can basically think of the S7 as an S6 with a bigger battery. The S7 is mainly optimization and polishing the S6 anyway, with a bigger battery and improved battery efficiency (for Exynos versions). How fast does the S6 drain on you? How much percent per hour? Then just translate it to a bigger battery capacity and you'll have an expectation of how long should one charge on the S7 should take you.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So I was planning on getting a Nexus 5x once I get rid of my Moto x style (pure edition) but after messing with my friends over the weekend something about the screen bothered me and the way he described the battery life he got it wasn't as good as what I currently get (and he barely uses it for anything other than texting ).
Which leads me to this , I'm going to get an s7 edge or s7 now (touch whiz does not bother me) just need to pick either or now. Do any of you have a Moto x style ( or had ) and now have an s7 edge or s7? I've tried looking around but haven't seen anything.
Edit : I meant to say battery life wise ,but it didn't add

I owned a pure for about 6 months and really liked it. I went to a note 5 then to a s7 edge. The on screen time on the s7 edge is about 1 to 1/2 hours longer than what I got on my moto x pure with similar usage.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I owned a pure for about 6 months and really liked it. I went to a note 5 then to a s7 edge. The on screen time on the s7 edge is about 1 to 1/2 hours longer than what I got on my moto x pure with similar usage.

I haven't owned a Pure, but I owned an S6 Edge+, and now own an S7 Edge, while my wife has a regular S7. The battery life on the S7 Edge is far better than that of the S6 Edge+, and a bit better than the regular S7. If you're used to and like the screen size of the Pure, I would go for the Edge. It's got a much smaller footprint, but still with the same size screen as the Pure, and better battery life, nicer screen, etc. The only downside really is the cost difference between the two.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't owned a Pure, but I owned an S6 Edge+, and now own an S7 Edge, while my wife has a regular S7. The battery life on the S7 Edge is far better than that of the S6 Edge+, and a bit better than the regular S7. If you're used to and like the screen size of the Pure, I would go for the Edge. It's got a much smaller footprint, but still with the same size screen as the Pure, and better battery life, nicer screen, etc. The only downside really is the cost difference between the two.

I can definitely relate to this as my friend had an s6 edge +. Thanks for the input !

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can go quite easily a day on my battery. I occasionally play a game on it, browse the net and the forums. Your friend may have an app that doesn't like the phone (cough...facebook...cough).

I'm sure Google has a decent return policy, so there can't be that much of a risk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463