Samsung Pay is a data hog!!

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's just my phone, but "Samsung Pay Framework" has used 2.88GB of my data in the past month. I don't even use Samsung Pay. So why would it need to use so much data?

I have opened the app just to check it out, and I put a card in, but I never verified it with my bank because I kept forgetting about it. But that was about a month ago. What's funny is the only reason that I even noticed this is because when I woke up this morning, I had a warning from the Samsung+ app telling me that the Samsung Pay app has consumed 534mb of data in the past 24 hours and I should do something about that. How ironic! LOL!!

You can't disable this app, so how do you stop it? I just deleted the card. I don't know what else to do but to keep an eye on the data consumption. It won't let you restrict background data for "Samsung Pay Framework", but it will for "Samsung Pay", but the Framework is where the data problem is.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Checked on my Edge and Framework has used 133K since May 21 (no idea why that date is referenced). I have Pay active but have only used it once and that was a while ago. I would suggest doing a force stop on the app and/or restart on the phone to see if that helps. If not I would log a support ticket with Samsung.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Checked on my Edge and Framework has used 133K since May 21 (no idea why that date is referenced). I have Pay active but have only used it once and that was a while ago. I would suggest doing a force stop on the app and/or restart on the phone to see if that helps. If not I would log a support ticket with Samsung.

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm I wonder what yours is doing. This is mine so far this month.

Attachments

• 1466618189260.jpg
    1466618189260.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 65

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I also just noticed that my phone's data was extremely high because of this.

Over the last few days, my phone has used hundreds of MBs of data.

I have also noticed that the last couple of days have shown my Galaxy Note 8 (which was getting very good battery life) was suddenly having a battery drain - could this have been the culprit?