Try again in 60 minutes...locked out of phone?!?

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Today at work, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it would not let me unlock it. It said, "Try again in 60 minutes." 60 minutes, really!

I've had it lock me out for 60 seconds before with to many incorrect unlock passwords but 60 minutes seems a little ridiculous. I even tried restarting it and nothing. Checked it a few times during that 60 minutes and it just continued to count down, minute by minute.

Anyone else have this happen??

Posted via the Android Central App ATT S7Edge

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that the phone thought you were constantly trying to unlock it while it was in your pocket? E.g., the screen kept coming on while in your pocket, and it was registering touches on the unlock screen?

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible that the phone thought you were constantly trying to unlock it while it was in your pocket? E.g., the screen kept coming on while in your pocket, and it was registering touches on the unlock screen?

Exactly what I was going to say. Your phone likely kept trying to unlock in your pocket. Do you have anything set up that takes a photo of whoever tries to unsuccessfully unlock your phone after a certain number of tries? My anti-virus does that, along with a map of the location. Check to see if there's a photo of your pocket, if you have something set up like that.

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, im thinking for some reason my phone thought i was trying to unlock it in my pocket. First time this has ever happened.
After researching a bit further, this is the info I found (originally for S6 on marshmallow):
Accumulated failed attempts- Waiting Time
1 to 4- None
5- 30 Seconds
6 to 9- None
10- 1 Minute
11- 5 Minutes
12- 10 Minutes
13 -30 Minutes
14- 60 Minutes
15- When Auto factory reset is ON : Phone will be wiped out. All your personal data and files will be removed. You cannot recover these files unless you have a backup somewhere else.

Glad I don't have Auto Factory Reset on. That would have been upsetting to find that my phone completely wiped and reset in my pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App ATT S7Edge

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What happens when the phone auto resets? Does that make it like it was out of the box? Surely that would be an incentive to steal it if someone cab bang in 15 incorrect pins to factory reset it for themselves.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
What happens when the phone auto resets? Does that make it like it was out of the box? Surely that would be an incentive to steal it if someone cab bang in 15 incorrect pins to factory reset it for themselves.
I think it just wipes your personal data but wont unlock the phone or reset it to factory defaults.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

But Factory Reset Protection (either from Google or Samsung) would still be in effect. So after the reset, the real owner would have to enter his or her Google or Samsung account information again in order to start up and get to the Setup Wizard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000