Quick charge question

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody confirm as to whether the S7 edge states it is fast charging when you connect it to a quick charge 2.0 charger (not the Samsung adaptive fast charger it came with). I've heard it does support quick charge 2.0 and want to buy a twin port QC2.0 plug but don't want to buy one and find out it doesn't work.

Thanks

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I know it supports it guys and thanks for getting back to me.

I'd just like a definitive confirmation that the device states it is fast charging when connected to a QC2.0 charger

Thanks

AndroidVic

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If your asking about the phone reporting it, as everyone says, Yes it does. But then you ask mention about using a different charger. If you want fast charging you do need to use the Adaptive Fast Charger. Otherwise, it will charge faster but not fastest.
If you look at the power supplies you will see the regular ones have 5v 1.x amp and 5v 2.x amp. That is not going to give you the fastest charge. It needs to say 5.v 2.x amp & 9v 1.x amp.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Using adaptive fast charger and not getting it on charging when.... Any ideas? It's on in settings....

I rebooted phone and turned on and off, working now!

Last edited:

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Gave in and bought a QC 2.0 charger. It definitely states and does fast charge. Not seen whether it's any faster or slower than Samsung's adaptive fast charger. Swear it's just another marketing name for no reason.