How do S7 Edge owners feel about the Note 7 announcement?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I, for 1, feel great that I got the S7 edge and didnt wait for the note 7. Instead of the note having a 4000 mah battery it'll have the 3600, only 64gb of on-board storage not 256, and the same 820 chip we've got in our wonderful s7edge handsets and not the 830. What else will change before it launches. We got the better deal.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do you all feel now?

I will most likely be switching. 64 GB base > 32 GB base .. Especially if it has the SD cards support like the S7 Edge. The battery .. I would like 4k but if it is 3600 that is still fine.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I'd be happier if I had my daggum promo watches from the Verizon launch promo... lol

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I love my S7 Edge except for one thing, the physical home button. I have had the screen buttons for so long I did not realize how big a step backward the physical button would be. The rest of the Samsung universe is just learning. But that damn button ... I should state that I like to use a stylus when home and having to use my finger to press that button disrupts the flow.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

You might want to think about the unlocked, carrier free, U.S. models for the S7 & S7 Edge, launched today. No carrier branding or bloatware. Unlocked bootloader and updated directly by Samsung. See...

Samsung officially offers the S7 unlocked with full support for ALL major USA carriers

Welcome to the rest of the world! :)

I saw that, but can someone tell me is there an advantage to getting the u.s. unlocked version rather than spending $200 less to order the international unlocked version from Amazon?

Posted via the Android Central App

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I saw that, but can someone tell me is there an advantage to getting the u.s. unlocked version rather than spending $200 less to order the international unlocked version from Amazon?

Samsung Pay is one thing.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Just picked up my unlocked version today from best buy. Had used the t-mobile version at launch but hate carrier devices and had returned. Now that unlocked model is available happy to be back on the edge :)

fb2d16a2220b82cddf8ae2bb58123e7f.jpg

7c84798b8c49ed65f0e9c2f4fbf47912.jpg

5d89e161733dc6a8495e03fed8cfcd0b.jpg

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Just picked up my unlocked version today from best buy. Had used the t-mobile version at launch but hate carrier devices and had returned. Now that unlocked model is available happy to be back on the edge :)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/fb2d16a2220b82cddf8ae2bb58123e7f.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/7c84798b8c49ed65f0e9c2f4fbf47912.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/5d89e161733dc6a8495e03fed8cfcd0b.jpg

You're lucky. No Best Buy within 250 miles from me had one. Did you check stock online first or just walked in and bought one?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

You're lucky. No Best Buy within 250 miles from me had one. Did you check stock online first or just walked in and bought one?

It wasn't showing online, only was showing S7. Went to buy S7 and they had the edge as well so picked it up.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

It wasn't showing online, only was showing S7. Went to buy S7 and they had the edge as well so picked it up.

I have a T-Mobile S7 edge and they are the least as far as bloatware from carriers. What advantage do you see with the unlocked version?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I have a T-Mobile S7 edge and they are the least as far as bloatware from carriers. What advantage do you see with the unlocked version?

Yeah they have least bloat ware and no ugly carrier logo but still a carrier version. Personally it's still T-Mobile apps, you can't uninstall (only disable), they have certain Samsung features turned off like ability to have all apps on home screen (personally won't do but opposed to carrier's deciding what features should exist on phone). Also T-Mobile recently is very slow in OS updates.

Bottom line for me personally I don't like carrier devices and believe they should just be dumb pipes concentrating on network rather than messing with device hardware and software. I'm looking at the Apple model and commend them for treating the carrier's like the way they should be.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Yeah they have least bloat ware and no ugly carrier logo but still a carrier version. Personally it's still T-Mobile apps, you can't uninstall (only disable), they have certain Samsung features turned off like ability to have all apps on home screen (personally won't do but opposed to carrier's deciding what features should exist on phone). Also T-Mobile recently is very slow in OS updates.

Bottom line for me personally I don't like carrier devices and believe they should just be dumb pipes concentrating on network rather than messing with device hardware and software. I'm looking at the Apple model and commend them for treating the carrier's like the way they should be.

I'm with you on T-Mobile updates. My S7 edge is still running May Android security patch. It's July already. Im going to check my local Best Buy. They show the S7 in stock. Maybe I will get lucky. Does your unlocked version have the June security patch?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you on T-Mobile updates. My S7 edge is still running May Android security patch. It's July already. Im going to check my local Best Buy. They show the S7 in stock. Maybe I will get lucky. Does your unlocked version have the June security patch?

As of now still showing May in this as well, not sure if they will push one soon since this got released today. We have to see how Samsung treats their unlocked version compared to carrier versions. All other OEMs like HTC, Motorola usually push updates pretty quick to the non carrier models so we can only hope Samsung to be the same since they don't need any carrier approval on this model. Only time will tell.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As of now still showing May in this as well, not sure if they will push one soon since this got released today. We have to see how Samsung treats their unlocked version compared to carrier versions. All other OEMs like HTC, Motorola usually push updates pretty quick to the non carrier models so we can only hope Samsung to be the same since they don't need any carrier approval on this model. Only time will tell.

Yep the T-Mobile one is on May still. The other carriers got the June one with other improvements. Maybe T-Mobile is running into a snag with something? IDK. It does suck though :(.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

I feel great about the choice. I haven't been following much about the Note 7, but as far as I'm concerned the phone serves all of my needs from it. I previously came from a Note device and didn't use the pen much so it's no biggie. I wish that Samsung will release a new Note 8.0 though.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Originally wanted to purchase the Galaxy S7 edge when my LG G4 started crapping the bricks in a similar manner to my first G4, which died to the bootloop issue earlier.

However, when I heard of a Note 7 (thought to be the Note 6 at the time), I decided to wait for it and switched back to my HTC One M7 during the wait. Sure, I could buy an S7e right now and live happy as the Note will likely have minor changes compared to the S7e that don't really impact the experience, but I'm planning to use this one for 3 years or more, so I want the very best I can get this year. Also, that S Pen.

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
One thing I noticed that since the new Note will mostly likely have a dual edge screen, there isn't much of a difference between the S7 Edge and Note 7 except a slightly larger screen, S-pen, and an iris scanner. Which leads me to thinking that if Samsung does the same thing for S8 Edge and Note 8, there isn't really a point of purchasing the S8 Edge since the Note 8 has the same features and more. I wonder how will Samung make the S8 Edge unique enough to buy it instead of waiting for the Note 8?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1