How long did it take you to get used to the edge screen?

marz at play

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm Note 5 user awaiting the Note 7. It seems it will only come with an edge screen which I cringe at the thought of. Otherwise the phone will be amazing. How long did it take you to get used to the edge screen vs a flat screen. Would you go back to flat given the choice of exactly the same specs or do you now prefer the edge?

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Having had every Note since the Note 2, minus the Note Edge, I am not sold on the Edge screen yet. I've had the S7 Edge for a week. It's a great phone for sure. If the Note 7 has a similar build, it will feel great in the hand. I have accidently touched icons and moved them due to the edge display. That doesn't happen when I have the Spigen NeoHybrid case on though.

I do use the edge for the different quick access features like people, weather, stocks and sports scores. I can live without it and I don't think I'd miss it, but I do use them.

I am excited to see what the Note 7 brings. I'm happy with the S7 so I probably won't grab one immediately, but I'm sure I will in the fall or winter.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Pretty quickly really. After a couple of weeks I got used to it. I mostly use the phone with two hands so it's not an issue. But I can use it with one hand if needed. Plus the one handed mode and Swiftkey flow makes it easier.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Was not an issue for me at all though I rarely use it now.

Close to a year later I still to this day love the way the edges look on my phone

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Got used to it straight away and now flat screens look strange! Although given a choice Im not sure I world pick the edge screen again for the reflections on the edge and the fact that it's hard for a case to properly protect the screen. For the s7 though the edge was necessary for the larger screen and battery

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I cheated. I had a Note Edge when it came out, so about 12 hours later it was second nature.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would have went with the regular S7 if it had better battery life. I do really like this phone though. Nova Launcher can prevent accidental icon moving on the home screen Fyi. Not trying to push it but just saying.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an s7 edge yesterday. I also found that otterbox has made a defender for it.
The screen cover makes typing a lil rougher as is swiping the edge panel.

Im pretty sure I'll get the note7, even w curved edges, but as of now i still like flat screens better!!

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Get used to? I cant get over it. Staring at that gorgeous 5.5 inches of "infinity pool" side bezels is an enjoyment every time I turn on the phone. My only issue is that I cant get a screen protector (they all suck) to protect it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't use it much. Other then the effect that you get when scrolling through images which I like, I don't use the actual edge features.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
A few hours maybe. As for the Edge feature I put a few Apps in there that I use constantly to "force" train myself to use the Edge. It worked because now it's second nature to swipe the Edge with my thumb to gain access to those panels.

dbdmora

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I am used to it, but I still think the display is too sensitive and I accidentally hit a command without wanting to and gets me a little fustrated but I would not replace it cause the S7 Edge is a great phone.