How can I add words to a custom dictionary on the S7 Edge?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the stock keyboard, just go to your Settings, scroll down to Language and Input, select Personal Dictionary, and then just select which one to add words to (you add them by going into each personal dictionary and tapping on the '+' button).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You're right, I'm sorry! I think that option appears only for the Google Keyboard (if installed). I don't see a way to add words to the stock Samsung keyboard other than typing it in once or twice until it 'learns' it

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Swype will ask if you want to add words that it doesn't 'know'. There are better keyboards than what comes with the phone.
Ya, but then all of a sudden, I think maybe after the last update, it quit remembering ALL of my email addresses and my address. As well as some other random stuff. I need to email them. I forgot how irritating it is to actually have to type the danged things out again. And it stubbornly refuses to remember them. Heck, normally I type something once, like... I text someone or look up sometime on Google... and you know how sometimes you accidentally close something and then have to turn around and retype it? Normally, after I retype the first one or two words, it starts populating what I had just typed. So... To be continued. Will report back after I email them... Unless someone knows what's going on and can put me out of my misery?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
One of the first things I install on any new Android device is a Swiftkey keyboard. The built in keyboard just lasts as long as it takes to get through setup and download Swiftkey. Just use a different keyboard than what's stock. The one on the phone is servicable, but doesn't do updates for any bugs fast enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2