Which phone do I keep?

Which phone to keep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Long story short an HTC 10 is coming to my house tomorrow and I purchased the S7 Edge US unlocked version today. Which one should I keep and why?

Here's how I ended up with over $1000 in new cellphones. I broke my iPhone today going for a morning walk. Recovering from a what seemed like the Flu, I thought it'd be nice to get out. During the walk, I dropped my phone and broke the glass on the screen. First phone I ever dropped and broke ever, I'm usually really careful. I decided to order the HTC 10 this morning since it was on sale and have it shipped next day air. Called HTC because my credit card company intercepted the transaction via email, I cleared it using the provided link and wanted to make sure all was good with HTC. While I had them on the phone, I asked when I would get it, they said I'd probably get it early next week. I didn't wanna have a broken iPhone for that long so I cancelled the order.... or so I thought.

Went to Best Buy and spent $832 including tax to get the S7 Edge unlocked US model. All was well and I am happy with the S7E, but then I get an email from HTC saying they couldn't cancel my order and the phone shipped... it'll be here tomorrow. Fed Ex emailed me saying I need to be home to sign for it.

So which phone should I keep? The HTC was $623 so I'm saving $200 basically by keeping the HTC but at the same time I've grown quite fond of the S7E in my time with it.

Thoughts appreciated

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't held the HTC 10 yet, but using the M9 for the basis of feel of the UI and how the OS handles, versus the Note 5, I prefer HTC's version of Android. It isn't as prominent as TouchWiz. I have honestly had times where there was nearly a Note 5 shaped hole in my wall out of frustration.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
There's plenty of comparison videos and threads comparing both phones, a quick search will render you lots of information.

Ultimately you make the decision, no need for us to help you decide.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Though I didn't search for threads (which I should have), I did search for comparison videos and a lot of them I found dated or just vague; "specs are the same, benchmarks are barely apart, water proof, stockish feel" etc. Very basic info that any savvy person can figure out. What I wanted to know was is the S7E Unlocked worth the $200 extra, updates have happened since these videos, etc. More from an end user perspective that doesn't care to give me specs, and weight of the device, more of a "here's why I think" situation.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Long story short an HTC 10 is coming to my house tomorrow and I purchased the S7 Edge US unlocked version today. Which one should I keep and why?

Here's how I ended up with over $1000 in new cellphones. I broke my iPhone today going for a morning walk. Recovering from a what seemed like the Flu, I thought it'd be nice to get out. During the walk, I dropped my phone and broke the glass on the screen. First phone I ever dropped and broke ever, I'm usually really careful. I decided to order the HTC 10 this morning since it was on sale and have it shipped next day air. Called HTC because my credit card company intercepted the transaction via email, I cleared it using the provided link and wanted to make sure all was good with HTC. While I had them on the phone, I asked when I would get it, they said I'd probably get it early next week. I didn't wanna have a broken iPhone for that long so I cancelled the order.... or so I thought.

Went to Best Buy and spent $832 including tax to get the S7 Edge unlocked US model. All was well and I am happy with the S7E, but then I get an email from HTC saying they couldn't cancel my order and the phone shipped... it'll be here tomorrow. Fed Ex emailed me saying I need to be home to sign for it.

So which phone should I keep? The HTC was $623 so I'm saving $200 basically by keeping the HTC but at the same time I've grown quite fond of the S7E in my time with it.

Thoughts appreciated

Sounds like you enjoy the phone you have. Why send it back?

Posted via the Android Central App

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Thoughts appreciated

I've had both. I personally prefer the S7 edge. TouchWiz hasn't given me any problems at all. I prefer an AMOLED screen over an LCD screen for starters. Also, though the camera specs may be similar, actual use and output is completely different. The S7 edge camera is much better than the HTC 10. Another feature for me is Samsung Pay. I use it everywhere and everyday. Samsung even gives you perks for using it. I don't even use my physical cards anymore except to pump gas. And finally, wireless charging. Some people don't care for it, but I love it. It's convenient and easy, and I haven't even take the regular charger out of the box. Battery life is also much better on the S7 edge. My advice: send back the HTC 10. The S7 edge may be more expensive, but there's a reason for that. HTC had to put the 10 on sale to try and sell more phones. For me, it's worth the extra $.

Posted via the Android Central App