Is it safe to use magnetic vent clip with the Edge?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a spigen magnetic air vent clip, and I was told my spigen that the magnet can interfere with the wireless charging technology built into the phone. They advised me not use any car holder that is magnetized.

Anyone have experience using on and if so has it affected your wireless charging capabilities? I have the magnet that goes either on the phone or inside/outside the case, I obviously won't be putting it directly onto the phone but would like to put it inside the case.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charging using magnetism to charge, so it will interfere with it, as well as interfere with Samsung pay. I've successfully used a magnetic clip by placing the metal toward the bottom of the phone. It would allow then for wireless charging but it made the phone top heavy when on the vent clip so it would slide/spin around and fall off. It did not damage the phone in any way while using it.

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Agree it likely will interfere with wireless charging. Not sure any damage, so can try - but doubt it will work consistently.

Posted via the Android Central App - AT&T S7 Edge

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the metal plate absolutely will block wireless charging.

I put my metal plate on a Spigen Thin Fit case that I can easily take off when I want to set my phone on a wireless charging pad. Doing it that way prevents any damage to the phone (even though it comes with a protective plastic piece) and allows me to still use wireless charging.

That obviously won't work as well for those that like more durable cases that are not as easy to remove, but it works for me.