tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Are there customizable keyboards or a way that I can totally eliminate the period all together?

I absolutely HATE this phone because of the location of the period on the keyboard.

Any and all REAL solutions to the problem are appreciated!!!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just so I understand the problem. You don't like that the period is to the right of the space bar? There are a lot if keyboards in the play store. Many are customizable but I believe the period is in the same place on any keyboard I've ever used. Swift key is a very customizable keyboard but I'm not sure about moving the period. I'll look and see.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I've tried several of the most popular keyboards, and all of them have the period on the right of the keyboard.

I don't think there are any solutions because this isn't an actual problem that needs to be addressed in order for the phone to keep working, but rather just a preference on your part. You can try a different keyboard still though. Key sizes and spacings are different, so it may help you.

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
that's correct, the placement of the period on the keyboard cause me to hit it rather than the space bar, and in a hurry, I can easily have 3-4 periods in one sentence.
I would rather have no punctuation at all...not even kidding :/

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
that's correct, the placement of the period on the keyboard cause me to hit it rather than the space bar, and in a hurry, I can easily have 3-4 periods in one sentence.
I would rather have no punctuation at all...not even kidding :/
Ok but it's in the same place on every keyboard I've ever seen. Have you seen it different on another phone/keyboard?

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
This. Is what a typical response. Might looks like from me without editing.

Edit: I am using Swiftkey, which did help a bit by resizing the keyboard, but it's not enough I guess :(

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming it's a size issues as I did not have this problem on the Note 4
Interesting. I have been a Note user as well, Note 2, 3, 4 & 5 prior to the S7E and have not noticed any more than any other phone. I still don't care for on screen keyboards in general so I can understand your frustration.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I hate that too because most.sentences.come.out.like.this. for me.

The stock keyboard on an LG used to let you move the buttons around so I could offset the space towards the right but I've never seen another that allows it.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Making the stock keyboard a little taller has helped me with this dreaded. Problem. It. Was. So. Annoying. Haha

anon(94650)

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Thumb Keyboard by Beansoft. Very customizable, including a split keyboard and being able to increase the height of just the row with the space key.

MikeRotch76

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I still think BlackBerry makes the best keyboard for Android. I might be a little bit biased though coming from a Z30, and then a Priv to the S7E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Free Tool Setups