unlocked advantage?

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Question for folks who purchased unlocked (US) version of S7 edge. Do you guys see security updates pushed to your devices before carrier variants?. Is there an advantage buying unlocked version?.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Here in Australia, I am around three updates ahead of the network locked devices. Plus, if I go abroad, I just get a local pre-paid sim and use the phone. If I want to change carriers, I just pop the new sim and bob's your uncle!

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Here in Australia, I am around three updates ahead of the network locked devices. Plus, if I go abroad, I just get a local pre-paid sim and use the phone. If I want to change carriers, I just pop the new sim and bob's your uncle!

Hi Tim. Do you mind telling me where you bought your phone from? I'm in Sydney but don't know where to get an unlocked S7 Edge from. I've been looking at JBHIFI and Harvey Norman but wasn't sure.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Question for folks who purchased unlocked (US) version of S7 edge. Do you guys see security updates pushed to your devices before carrier variants?. Is there an advantage buying unlocked version?.

At the moment, the 935u model offers no advantage when it comes to security updates. It's behind and still stuck in the May update.

terp05

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Quite the opposite actually. I have the US Unlocked version and have yet to receive a security update. Still on May and all the carrier's are on July or August

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the US unlocked version and returned it because I couldn't get VoLTE to work nor could I get any updates. Stay away from them for now

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I returned my US Unlocked for an At&t version. The at&t apps, even when disabled, cause minor issues that require workarounds. However, now I have wifi calling and I actually *get* updates. Samsung appears to have already abandoned the US Unlocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol