metallic colors vs black

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've always had black phones, except for my white s3. I'm thinking of buying a platinum note 7. For those of you who have metallic glass phones does the color distract you during use.

Posted via the Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I briefly had a gold S7 and the bezels really bothered me when in the car. They were almost blinding at times; at the least, really distracting. I think the metallic colors are beautiful and didn't bother me indoors at all. But I couldn't use them in the car. Just my opinion though. Your mileage may vary!

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I always get black or grey phones. I couldn't help but purchase the silver S7e. It still lloosn incredible to me, not distracting at all, and will definitely wear the best long-term.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
No issues here using gold s7 edge...love it

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the silver and regretted that decision after a few weeks. Switched to the black and like it much better... Wish Samsung would do like the past Nexus devices - front is black regardless of what the back color is. I need black around my screen LOL

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My only issue with the colored phones is how much of a fingerprint magnet they are. I had the s6 edge in gold platinum and i have silver titanium s7 edge now. Both just attract fingerprints and smudges, even in a case. I like to use clear cases to show off the back! My next purchase will more than likely be black, unless they bring back the white option.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I usually go for color but with my edge i have it in black... it just looks sleeker that way. Yeah the comors they have are awesome, but you cant go wrong with a black phone.

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely dig the silver. Lots of whining about fingerprints, but I'm never looking at the back if my phone, so it doesn't bother me. I can see the glare being an issue for some, but it's either in my pocket or on the console with it under the dashboard, so it's not an issue either.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the black s7 edge. I find that it's much less distracting when watching movies. Love it.

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I came very close to getting the titanium silver or whatever Samsung calls the color; the phone is simply beautiful.

I ended up getting the black as I generally do with all my phones, because I find the black much less distracting while viewing videos and movies on the device.

I've seen quite a few silver and gold versions of this phone in the wild and they always catch my eye though.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My only issue with the colored phones is how much of a fingerprint magnet they are. I had the s6 edge in gold platinum and i have silver titanium s7 edge now. Both just attract fingerprints and smudges, even in a case. I like to use clear cases to show off the back! My next purchase will more than likely be black, unless they bring back the white option.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

What "attracts" fingerprints is not color...it's material. A black S7E will have just as many fingerprints as a silver variant.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
What "attracts" fingerprints is not color...it's material. A black S7E will have just as many fingerprints as a silver variant.

You are correct. I should say that the metallic color variants seem to show the fingerprints more predominately than the black.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My next new invention. "Galaxy Gloves" custom fit screen sensitive for those who don't want to Mar their beautiful phones. Smiles..,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech