Wifi Calling

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I cannot activate my wifi calling. I use package disabler pro but i still cant get it activated regardless.

Ive enabled all on disabler
I have hard reset phone also. Ive tried it on two different wifis secured and non

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your carrier allow WiFi calling? I'd make sure that no apps or processes have been disabled in the Application Manager too.

Is the option grayed out or when you activate it, it just doesn't connect?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The way I understand it us that if your in an area with poor reception in your house the little wifi + icon will display saying your connected to wifi calling. If you have good reception in your house it will probably never kick in

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I use vzw and i just looked and their website even shows how to activate it. I guess ill just keep playing around with it. My house has horrible signal as well as my work does.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also make sure that the networks you're trying it on aren't blocking WiFi calling ports (some public networks and hotels do). WiFi calling also needs you to have a valid e911 address, so you might need to check that with your carrier before you can use WiFi Calling.

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
For VZ to activate WiFi calling I think I went to settings>>>activate advanced calling (then had to wait a little while till I got a prompt on phone saying it was activated)>>>turn on HD Voice/Video Call>>>turn on WiFi calling

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon S7 Edge. After you set up Wi-Fi calling the network will automatically choose whether to use Wi-Fi or cellular voice, you cannot select to use Wi-Fi specifically. If you go into your recent calls in your phone dialer check to see if there is a little Wi-Fi signal icon next any of your previous calls. to see if you have been using Wi-Fi calling. You may not need Wi-Fi calling therefore your phone will never use it.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use vzw and i just looked and their website even shows how to activate it. I guess ill just keep playing around with it. My house has horrible signal as well as my work does.

I'm in the same boat (on Vzw, use EZ Package Disabler). I haven't been able to activate it. Fortunately, the signal here isn't terrible. I figured it was probably something I'd disabled, but now I'm more curious since you couldn't get yours going with everything enabled again.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys, she said she can't *activate* WiFi Calling. If I'm understanding correctly (and because I have the same issue I think I am), she wouldn't be able to use it even in the worst signal area, because it isn't even activated (turned on as a feature).

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
VZW tech support told me that I had to enable the MyVerizon app in order to set up Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling (I normally disable it along with the rest of the VZW bloatware). After the service was up and running, I disabled the MyVerizon app again. Everything still works.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
VZW tech support told me that I had to enable the MyVerizon app in order to set up Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling (I normally disable it along with the rest of the VZW bloatware). After the service was up and running, I disabled the MyVerizon app again. Everything still works.

Interesting. I have the MyVerizon app active. I still get the same "Unable to activate Wi-Fi Calling at this time. Please try again later" error.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I finally called tech support after couldn't get past that same error. The tech may have done something after she had me enable the app (I disabled it with Package Disabler Pro). Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling were working less than five minutes later while I was still on the line.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah sometimes I think you may have to call customer service due to some accounts may not have the HD calling feature checked on their end. That will allow hd calling as well as wifi calling..

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sometimes I think you may have to call customer service due to some accounts may not have the HD calling feature checked on their end. That will allow hd calling as well as wifi calling..

I can't speak for the OP, but I have HD Calling toggled on at both the account and phone level.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I can't speak for the OP, but I have HD Calling toggled on at both the account and phone level.

I wasnt able to activate it. Took it into vzw and it is a software issue. For me they couldnt fix it. I will continue to try and find a way around it. Would be nice for when i work in a building made of concrete. Thanks for your suggestions. I just keep getting an error msg that i cannot activate at this time.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I wasnt able to activate it. Took it into vzw and it is a software issue. For me they couldnt fix it. I will continue to try and find a way around it. Would be nice for when i work in a building made of concrete. Thanks for your suggestions. I just keep getting an error msg that i cannot activate at this time.

Same message I receive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781