s7 edge screen protector?

KBx315x

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a screen protector that leaves the edges bare? I had the tech armor tempered glass but the far letter on the keyboard were tough to press you really had to press down hard. Amy suggestions??

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The purpose of a protector for the Edge is to cover the edges. I have one and have no problem using the keyboard, but I use Swype. I guess you could get one for the S7 and trim the edges, but that would be ugly and pretty much suck. And the glass protectors don't work real swell.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The purpose of a protector for the Edge is to cover the edges. I have one and have no problem using the keyboard, but I use Swype. I guess you could get one for the S7 and trim the edges, but that would be ugly and pretty much suck. And the glass protectors don't work real swell.

Agreed...glass protectors are overrated, and they reduce accuracy of touch commands.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Agreed...glass protectors are overrated, and they reduce accuracy of touch commands.

Not really, it's just that nobody has managed to make a decent one for edge devices.

Making a flat panel is really easy but the curved edges are a nightmare. Samsung's tolerances are going to be really tight and I imagine there'll be differences from device to device if you measured the rads. So making a universal fit protector that has full adhesion isn't going to happen.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Recently I purchased an Ultimate Shield film

That looks like a good solution, thanks for the link. However, the main reason I use a case on my Edge is because the phone is so blasted slippery. Assume there would be no way to use this protector with a case, unless of course you only use the front screen?

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

they aren't overrated! They are pretty close to the real glass on your phone, I got one on my V10 and love it! I could get one for my s7 edge but the edges are the problems if you see youtube videos about glass protectors for this phone

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Curved Crystal Premium. Beautiful...feels like I don't have protection on it (to the touch). Visually, also looks like nothing is protecting my screen (VERY clear). No issues with edges lifting or bubbling (using with case - Tech 21 Evo Frame). Retails for $24.99...got it for under $9 (comes with 2) through Amazon Prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance