Touches on screen and the buttons near home button get unresponsive?

Dan4ito

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So it's been like 2 weeks since I got my Galaxy S7 Edge. The phone is pretty good but there is something that worries me a lot. After sometime (Maybe like an hour straight) playing Pokemon GO (probably on other games too) screen touches and the buttons near the home button get unresponsive. I know that restarting the phone will fix the problem for a time. I try to hold the power button, the options to turn down and restart appear. Then I try to click on restart button but it seems like I click completely different button instead (Back button in my case). Another case is I'm on my home screen and try to click Messages app but instead it open Camera app which is not even close to what I'm clicking. Please Help !!! Thanks ! And I forgot to mention. The phone is kinda hot while in this proccess.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. A little test...if you get another game that's that intensive on the phone, like a racing game for example, can you recreate the problem? If not, it may be a glitch in the game.

The heat is a little concerning for me. Computer components don't like heat all that much. A smartphone is no different.

Dan4ito

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
If the problem is in the app, can the unresponsiveness still be there after I close Pokemon Go ? And is there any good App which shows the temperatures and other hardware stuff in the App Store?