Update to Get Note 7's Always-On Display

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Will we get updated to get the same always-on display as the Note 7? I heard that the Note 7's always-on display now shows notification icons for any app, not just Samsung ones. That would actually make it useful for me to use. Does anybody know?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No way for any of us to know for sure, but my guess is when we get Nougat we'll get a lot of the new Touchwiz features that are currently on the Note. But I think it unlikely Samsung will add a lot more to Marshmallow on the current Galaxy phones.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
That's cool that the Chromecast notification shows. I suppose it's on the third party app developers to make it compatible?
Yeah. Further playing with it seems like only one notification at a time. Started a song on Google music and that showed up but no chromecast notification until I closed Google music.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
This is really disappointing that they didn't let the 3rd party apps work. I actually got excited for a second till I read the details of the update.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
As a 6 hour removed Note 7 owner, new S7E owner and new to your party and this sub-forum, trust me when I tell you this not the N7 AOD.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 owner had to go with the s7 edge just updated my aod and can't believe Samsung didn't give us the note 7 aod with double tap and 3rd party notification bet they won't they will keep that for the s8 and say u will have to buy that if you want that feature well if Samsung do that they can do one since I was a note 7 owner