Is Dual Sim an option at all on the S7 Edge from AT&T? SM-G935A

Aadesh Gandhi

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
All,
I recently bought a couple of S7 Edges on contract with AT&T. I do know that the AT&T version natively does not support two sim cards but I want to inquire if there is a hack that I can use to enable use to two sim cards?
I have read about ability to use two sim + micro SD card but that's for later, at this point I am more interested in knowing if it is even possible to use two sim cards in the AT&T model.

Thanks!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so as it's not a dual sim phone means there is no 2nd slot....
U can try 2nd sim adapters available in the market

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

Last edited:

Aadesh Gandhi

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't think so as it's not a dual sim phone means there is no 2nd slot....
U can try 2nd sim adapters available in the market

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

Thanks Jeetu for the reply back! I will order a dual sim tray and see if it works. Do you or anybody else reading this know if the AT&T software that's embedded in the phone will allow the second sim?

Thanks!

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I was under the impression that the phones actually need to built to respond to dual sis. Yes, you could get a tray to hold them, but unless it is n FD phone I don't this the internals of the device will respond to a second sim, and I think for some weird reason they are only being marketed in the far east.

Aadesh Gandhi

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey! Did you have any luck with the dual sim tray?

I was under the impression that the phones actually need to built to respond to dual sis. Yes, you could get a tray to hold them, but unless it is n FD phone I don't this the internals of the device will respond to a second sim, and I think for some weird reason they are only being marketed in the far east.

Nope it did not work for me because the phone does not have the hardware to support the second sim; someone told me the phone needs two physical IMEI numbers for the dual sim to work and that statement made sense to me hence I stopped pursuing the ability to use dual sim card option in my AT&T model.

Thanks!