Receiving both Call Audio and Media Audio at same time

David L3

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Just got a S7E and am using the same bluetooth speakers I've had for the last year. So hoping there is a media setting I am missing somewhere.

Listening to media (Spotify, etc) and then receive a phone call. The call audio is coming through fine but the media audio continues to come through as well. To the point its very hard to hear the phone audio.

Safe assumption I am being an ***** -- is there a setting I am missing?

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
These are the options to get when you long press bluetooth in the drop down notification n then the setting icon next to the your headphone name.

Attachments

• 2426.jpg
    2426.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 33

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I got that far and have them both enabled. But shouldn't the media audio turn off when I am taking a phone call?

In my (limited) experience with smartphones, media audio will stop or at least die down for calls and/or messages to come through. My G3's music will stop immediately if I get a message. Has this happened since the day you got the device?

David L3

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I've only had it for four days, but have had the problem over 10 times already. Never had a phone that didn't mute the media audio when on a phone call.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Is it just streaming apps or local music also? Spotify has been known to not pause during calls but it was supposed to have been fixed a while ago.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Pandora shouldnt be doing that. I had pandora on for hours yesterday and got multiple calls. Each time it paused pandora. The only issues I had was twice I had to turn bluetooth off and back on after the call because it wouldnt reroute sound to the bluetooth speaker.

David L3

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
OK. Thanks. So sounds like I have a bug and am not being a complete *****. This is going to be frustrating. I've already unpaired then paired again. Guess I'll keep fiddling around. Don't want to to a factory reset after a few days.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a return window or anything like that? I would recommend doing that if you can; and then see if the new unit has the same issues - but this could be a last resort for you; as I get that that would be quite the hassle. Any more updates on this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay