Video and pic

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys

I am using Google photos as a backup service, so all my photos and videos are backed up there

Though some times I capture 4k videos and Google photos is trying to upload it. Is there a way videos to be saved on different folder than photos? 4k videos are Taking so many hours to upload. I want to only upload the photos

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had to enable the app to check and it looks like you cant limit it to photos only. I ditched google photos and went with one drive. Google photos is too limiting.

In your case youd have to disable syncing and upload what you want manually.

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I had to enable the app to check and it looks like you cant limit it to photos only. I ditched google photos and went with one drive. Google photos is too limiting.

In your case youd have to disable syncing and upload what you want manually.
One drive is better? Does it sync etc like Google photos?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
One drive is better? Does it sync etc like Google photos?

Yes it syncs like google photos. I think its better but thats my opinion. I like that I can decide what folders, types of files and when things sync. I also like that I have more control over albums. Im not sure what storage size is free now but I signed up for the free year of office and got 1tb free for a year. After that expires Ill decide what I need.

I just dont like how google photos wont allow me to upload existing folders and all my photos are lumped together by date. I have 30+thousand photos organized in folders.

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes it syncs like google photos. I think its better but thats my opinion. I like that I can decide what folders, types of files and when things sync. I also like that I have more control over albums. Im not sure what storage size is free now but I signed up for the free year of office and got 1tb free for a year. After that expires Ill decide what I need.

I just dont like how google photos wont allow me to upload existing folders and all my photos are lumped together by date. I have 30+thousand photos organized in folders.

Onedrive will make each folder an album when i upload the pictures via the phone?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
No, one drive will upload to a camera folder then you can put them where you want. For me I needed the ability to upload my folders on my pc and google photos doesnt do that, it puts all the images together.

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
No, one drive will upload to a camera folder then you can put them where you want. For me I needed the ability to upload my folders on my pc and google photos doesnt do that, it puts all the images together.
I think you can enable the Google photos folder to show up on Google drive and from there u can upload folders from you desktop.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If you plan on sticking with google photos the best option you can do is turn off back up & sync and then manually highlight pics and upload them yourself through the app.

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
If you plan on sticking with google photos the best option you can do is turn off back up & sync and then manually highlight pics and upload them yourself through the app.
I'm not sure yet what cloud service to use. Although I think Google would integrate better?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Photos does integrate very well its just limited. The upload on onedrive seems fine but I dont upload large videos, mainly photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair