Gps icon on and off on my phone with the GPS off.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed lately that the GPS icon comes on and off on my phone even with the GPS off. I'm afraid the phone is using more battery by doing this.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I saw this earlier and tried this. Go to settings>privacy and safety>location>google location history>turn it off. Even though my location is off it kept pinging it. since I turned google location history off its stopped.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The GPS receiver itself uses barely more power than the battery uses when sitting on a shelf. Switching the LCD display on and off probably uses more (and that's almost zero).

There is a problem with the phone - a display problem - but even leavng the GPS receiver on full-time isn't going to drain much battery.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The GPS receiver itself uses barely more power than the battery uses when sitting on a shelf. Switching the LCD display on and off probably uses more (and that's almost zero).

There is a problem with the phone - a display problem - but even leavng the GPS receiver on full-time isn't going to drain much battery.

That should be the case but Ive ran my phone both ways and with it off throughout the day I get almost a full hour more on time. Granted there are variables in there such as app use but it surely seems to run longer with gps off.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I saw this earlier and tried this. Go to settings>privacy and safety>location>google location history>turn it off. Even though my location is off it kept pinging it. since I turned google location history off its stopped.

Thank you Tyler, this did the job.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz