Screensaver/Daydream wydrwam I've the past several years, but nothingon't

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not that long ago, I flashed the US unlocked version of the S7E firmware to my former Verizon handset. Ever since, I'm unable to get the Screensaver (in Display settings) to work at night as my bedside clock. It had been working fine until I made the change in firmware (and I'm only 90% sure the issue exactly coincides with the change in firnware).

I use the Google Clock, which appears in the Screensaver options (the Samsung clock doesnt). I'm able to select the clock, and Preview it. It works. The issue being that it won't auto start for me. When placed on my wireless charger at night, the screen just shuts off after the expected 30 seconds I have set. Just as it does during the rest of the day when unplugged.

One thing of note is that I don't have the usual "More" menu in the upper right corner of Screensaver settings. That's where you'd normally select "when charging," "when docked," or "both." My menu just says "Preview."

A Google search and I found a number of people having issues with Daydream over the past few years, but none of the fixes they found worked for or applied to me.

Any guesses as to what's going on here? I do not have" keep screen awake" on in Developer options (a seeming common fix for some).

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 12262.jpg
    12262.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 16

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Apologies for that mumbo-jumbo title. I posted from the AC app and apparently the cursor jumped and I didn't notice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay