Restore from Note 7 backup

note7s7edge

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I backed up my Note 7 to samsung cloud before returning it. Too bad, samsung cloud is only for Note 7. As a first time galaxy user, that was a great shocker! All these years samsung had no cloud storage option for the galaxy devices? And they don't have online portal? What gives ?
Anyway, is there a workaround to access my data ?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My S7Edge has Samsung Cloud.

And yes Samsung had an online backup for its phones for a while. Just wasn't very much advertised because it only backed up stock Samsung apps and some files.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I backed up my Note 7 to samsung cloud before returning it. Too bad, samsung cloud is only for Note 7. As a first time galaxy user, that was a great shocker! All these years samsung had no cloud storage option for the galaxy devices? And they don't have online portal? What gives ?

Which phone u trying to back the data too...S7 edge with latest security patch has samsung cloud and new gallery

note7s7edge

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Which phone u trying to back the data too...S7 edge with latest security patch has samsung cloud and new gallery
S7 edge. All I see inside the backup and restore is this :
ba55da0e61cd63d00aa0967e3389bf2b.jpg
76c13369680cded51222d8ff99a42b61.jpg

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Are u Verizon? They removed Samsung cloud so u would be forced to use Verizon cloud. I don't have the Samsung option either

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Could be a US carrier thing about your S7E lacking Samsung Cloud. If I recall correctly, some of the features the rest of the world got last June (the comeback of the just once and set default options) just arrived in certain US carriers like Sprint with the September update.