Note 4 vs Note 6 vs S7 Edge

mrchaos101

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Need a tad of help on what I should do. I have a Note 4 and it works fine. I play a lot of Pokemon go, but the pokemon do not show up on my screen very fast. The rest of the family, the spawn and are caught before the show up on my screen. My daughter has a Note 4 as well and she has the same issue I have. Im sure it is a note 4 issue.

I was waiting for the Note 7, but looks like it will be a LONG wait if I go down that route.

The S7 Edge might be an option....I dont use the stylus any way....

What I am worried about? My brother has an S7 edge. He said you cannot put a tempered glass protector on it AND a case like the Otterbox.
He said every time he as tried, the case is too tight and causes the tempered glass to break.

I MUST have tempered glass and a hard case. I must have a larger screen... its why I bought my note 4.

Please give me your advise.

Tim :)

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
If you MUST have a glass protector and case your options are very limited or non existent with this phone.

As much as I would usually recommend the S7E I'd say in your case go with something that has a flat screen if the above is that important.

There are threads running into thousands of replies over at XDA about finding something that works. They usually post something 'hurray' after a few hours with another example of the species, some stupidly expensive, and then retract reluctantly after a day or two when the thing lifts off. The usual outcome.

Have fun.

mrchaos101

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I bought the wife an S7 (non edge) 3 days later she dropped it from a sitting position at waist height. It broke her screen. BUT her screen it too small for me.

So you feel there is NO protector/case combo that will work on the S7 Edge?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought the wife an S7 (non edge) 3 days later she dropped it from a sitting position at waist height. It broke her screen. BUT her screen it too small for me.

So you feel there is NO protector/case combo that will work on the S7 Edge?

I tried absolutely heaps and only found joy if I pre trimmed the protector before I applied it. Left some screen uncovered then though. Eventually gave up.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about no but very limited.

I guess your best bet is a two part case between which you may be able to sandwich a glass protector.

Couldn't tell you where you get that but someone on here may can. Alternatively head over to XDA.

Just don't waste a lot of cash on trying combinations that don't work. Many have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad