Just moved to Android from BlackBerry 10 need some help

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've recently moved from my BlackBerry Z10 to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Need know how to do some of these things ;

1. How do I access files from my computer from my phone without using box or Dropbox as space on both these accounts are already limited.

2. When I receive a pdf file via email, WhatsApp or BBM I normally fill out some information and sign them before sending it back. How do I save these files on my folders in my sd card so that I can easily locate them and send them back to the sender?

3. How do I specify the default drive to save media sent to me via WhatsApp to my sd card as space in my S7 Edge is limited.

4. How do I find a location and add it into my calendar event and invite participants at the same time. In this way all the participants to the appointment need to do is when the reminder pop up on their phone, they just tap on the location and Google map will just bring them there.

5. Is there a calendar app in Android that will search all the relevant files and documents on my computer and my phone and suggest them to me for any particular appointment. This was particularly useful in my BlackBerry Z10 calendar.

6. After working on a document on my phone is it possible to save this document on a specific folder in my computer via Internet or WiFi? If so how do I do that?

7. After taking a few pictures from my phone, how do I access them from my computer without having to email them to myself? I have to do this all the time as when I meet up with customers they will just need me to take pictures of certain things to be submitted to the company and I need to cross them out so that these documents cannot be misused.

So far I've been enjoying the speed of the device it's really great. Thanks in advance for your help.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Get Kies, it's Samsung's BB Desktop Manager or BB Link program Kies Support

2. This should work the same or very similar, as you go to save you should be able to change folders or add folders, the "more" menu may need to be used to add a folder.

3. I don't use Whatsapp, BUT you should check its settings via its "more" menu, the three dots to the upper right, OR swipe left and look for setting.

4. You would use the calendar app, just go to the date of the event then tap on "tap to create." and start filling out the event. You can add a location which WILL bring in a Google Map, and you can add as many participates as you want.

5. Well you CAN get BlackBerry Calendar! (plus several other apps!) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eveloper?id=BlackBerry+Limited&token=XhhG537v

6. Yes you can use the file repository sites you mentioned in your first question, OR you can use your free Google Drive.

7.They should be able to be accessed here and then downloaded to your PC https://photos.google.com/ You just need to make sure the setting is turned on. Here's how.. https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en ALSO you can use KIES the program I mentioned in your first question. :)

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Get Kies, it's Samsung's BB Desktop Manager or BB Link program Kies Support

2. This should work the same or very similar, as you go to save you should be able to change folders or add folders, the "more" menu may need to be used to add a folder.

3. I don't use Whatsapp, BUT you should check its settings via its "more" menu, the three dots to the upper right, OR swipe left and look for setting.

4. You would use the calendar app, just go to the date of the event then tap on "tap to create." and start filling out the event. You can add a location which WILL bring in a Google Map, and you can add as many participates as you want.

5. Well you CAN get BlackBerry Calendar! (plus several other apps!) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eveloper?id=BlackBerry+Limited&token=YUIhFQ9O

6. Yes you can use the file repository sites you mentioned in your first question, OR you can use your free Google Drive.

7.They should be able to be accessed here and then downloaded to your PC https://photos.google.com/ You just need to make sure the setting is turned on. Here's how.. https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en ALSO you can use KIES the program I mentioned in your first question. :)

Thanks for the information.

1. I can't seem to find kies anymore in Google play

2. There is no option for me to choose where to save the file. Only a save button and it's done.

3. No more button or option in WhatsApp settings.

4. The calendar app built in together with blackberry calendar also will just search for addresses of my contacts. I can't just type Starbucks at abc mall, and the address just appear like how I used to get it on my old BlackBerry Z10.

6. Already used up Google Drive too... So I found another one called WiFi file transfer. Just downloaded will give it a try later.

Hopefully this resolves my problem in 7. Too.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I am not a Samsung user, but is it not the case that you download the Kies software tool to your PC or laptop and then use it with the phone tethered?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not a Samsung user, but is it not the case that you download the Kies software tool to your PC or laptop and then use it with the phone tethered?

Correct Kies is a desktop manager software you install on your PC or Mac that lets you connect your Samsung phone to your computer and do many things such as sync files, backup, install or update firmware etc. For the BlackBerry user, who may already be familiar it is VERY similar to BlackBerry Link OR BlackBerry Desktop Manager which we used to use for our BlackBerrys. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma