how's your s7 edge holding up?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering how everyones 7 edge is holding up now that the phone has been out for a little while now?.. Ive had the phone a little over 3 months now and I will say mine has performed great up to this point. Roughly about 5hrs sot consistently. With some light gaming, reading articles , calls,messaging etc. Been a great phone so far and I'm.hoping it continues for the foreseeable future

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
1 day 20 hours with 22÷ left. Sot was nearly 6 hours. Browing forums, mails, messages so and so social media with abit of youtube and downloading...

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone who is using the phone completely naked noticed small scratches on the back/bottom of the phone? I feel as if the back scratches way easier than the front

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have had the phone now for almost 6 months and I still am very pleased with the overall performance, battery life, and camera on my s7e :cool:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I must say I'm glad Samsung brought back the SD card and gave me a reason to come back to their devices. I loved the G4 but there were just too many things I missed.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree. It's been a great phone so far. My only gripe I think would be the fact that's it's next to impossible to find a good screen protector that works with a case but no worries . I have Samsung protection plus just incase something were to happen.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my since launch and honestly the phone has been perfect. The front of the screen is scratched due to my stupidity of not putting on any protection when I went on vacation to Florida. The sand scratched the screen in some spots.
Other than that the phone is in great condition. Photos have been great. Battery life could be better but I'm not complaining to much about it. I think my battery issue has to do with signal more than anything else. I'm just waiting now to see what the S8 Edge will bring in March. I will probably upgrade again.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine's been great so far other than a few random reboots attributed to an app. Also noticed that after I clear the cache partition that issue stops.

Mine has always been in a case, whether it's the Supcase Beetle holster case or the Casemate toughstand case. It's only naked when it's time to "change clothes" or to clean it :) The Zagg screen protector I put on shortly after I got the phone in March has a few air bubbles showing up now. Other than that, no complaints with the phone.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine back from Samsung Thursday, my camera was bad (buzzing and distorting pictures) so I had to send it out to be repaired under warranty. other than that, Im in love with this device! only complaint I have is Samsung needs a way for consumers to get warranty work or replacements done like Apple has in place

Bertan

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
The "random mobile data drop" issue I had from day one really soured my experience. Other than that I really like the phone. I would even love it if it could stop dropping the mobile data...

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine back from Samsung Thursday, my camera was bad (buzzing and distorting pictures) so I had to send it out to be repaired under warranty. other than that, Im in love with this device! only complaint I have is Samsung needs a way for consumers to get warranty work or replacements done like Apple has in place

Kind of agree. Samsung would be better suited to opt in certain carrier stores & retailers(Best Buys) to get more of a full presence for service. Would be quite expensive to start a brick & mortar presence based on an operating system they do not own. The Samsung experience at BB is useless. I generally know more than they do & I don't know much. ;)

Think there is a local ATT store that handles some repairs in house. Though most get sent to TX for Samsung. Which is 11-14 day turn around?
That said, I live in central IL & the closest Apple store is over 100 miles south in the St. Louis, MO area & 200 miles north in Chicago. So for me switching for that would burn an entire day when ever they can make an appt, plus fuel for that sort of service. Neither seem like great options. But again, locations vary.

NoahFecks

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Had mine since launch and just had to send it back to Samsung because of the color smudging problems with the screen. Still waiting to get it back, using my old BlackBerry Z30 in the meantime. Feels like I'm riding a dinosaur.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. It's been a great phone so far. My only gripe I think would be the fact that's it's next to impossible to find a good screen protector that works with a case but no worries . I have Samsung protection plus just incase something were to happen.

I am interested in getting Samsung protection, just wondering your opinion / experiences have been thus far. Thanks.

Last edited:

Chingasm

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I recently experienced an issue with my S7 Edge (on T-Mo, not that it really matters) where there'd be pink or green pixel artifacts randomly throughout white screens with text on them (basically any web page or forum, as well as most apps). Just posting this in case anyone else experiences the issue and googles the problem, but it escalated pretty quickly and on the 5th day after I noticed it the screen just shut down entirely. Pressing power or the home button would cause it to flicker green across the screen for a millisecond then back to black.

I unfortunately didn't turn USB debugging on after I tried a factory reset to see if this was a software related issue (it wasn't from a cracked screen or anything like that, appears to be an AMOLED screen issue from what I've read), so I wasn't about to get into the phone to save all of my pictures once I couldn't unlock the phone :(. I wasn't naive and waited to the last minute to try and get a swap from my carrier, T-Mo has just been backordered on S7 Edges apparently due to the Note 7 loaners they gave out... So if you experience this definitely process a replacement through your provider if they do that, if not through Samsung, but turn on USB debugging just in case!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude