S7 Edge causes house fire

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. The S7 has a history of overheating. Why didn't they have it checked?
2. I did note however that the Aug update caused my phone to heat up a lot (S7 Edge Duos Exynos PH). The Sept update did fix that though.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
1. The S7 has a history of overheating. Why didn't they have it checked?
2. I did note however that the Aug update caused my phone to heat up a lot (S7 Edge Duos Exynos PH). The Sept update did fix that though.

She said she sent it back to Samsung & they sent it back to her telling her it was just fine. Truth or not or even timeline of when that happened is unclear.
Did note the video was clear to mention that it was on the factory charging cable.

Regardless of any variables, these issues are not stopping. Maybe instead of some over the top S8 next year, Samsung may need to completely go through their mfg & qc process to address things?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Samsung phone sparks house fire in Ohio - Story

Our news outlet is reporting an S7 Edge with a history of overheating finally caught fire. I haven't seen this report until today.

😟

The s7 edge doesnt have a history of overheating. It appeared her phone specifically did. It's unfortunate and I'm glad no one was injured. The truth is since the note 7 recall, news outlets across the world report on every Samsung phone fire. Considering Samsung sells more phones then everyone else there will probably be more incidents of its phones catching fire. Also Considering the amount of phones sold the percentage is so low its almost negligible even when you included the note 7 fires. The fact that it is a fire that we're talking about, even 1 incident is enough for concern but the truth is all cell phone brands have these incidents about the same percentage as any Samsung phone. Case and point below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...SY6KvWSQFfDxcYN6g&sig2=iag01IV-wfwVknFYTLD_-w

But I bet you never heard about this incident and there are many many more, just google iPhone fire, or htc fire, or lg fire etc... the reason Samsung phones and tablet fires are in the limelight is because Samsung did a recall and everyone is aware and news outlets capitalize on continuing to feed the monster.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The s7 edge doesnt have a history of overheating. It appeared her phone specifically did. It's unfortunate and I'm glad no one was injured. The truth is since the note 7 recall, news outlets across the world report on every Samsung phone fire. Considering Samsung sells more phones then everyone else there will probably be more incidents of its phones catching fire. Also Considering the amount of phones sold the percentage is so low its almost negligible even when you included the note 7 fires. The fact that it is a fire that we're talking about, even 1 incident is enough for concern but the truth is all cell phone brands have these incidents about the same percentage as any Samsung phone. Case and point below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...SY6KvWSQFfDxcYN6g&sig2=iag01IV-wfwVknFYTLD_-w

But I bet you never heard about this incident and there are many many more, just google iPhone fire, or htc fire, or lg fire etc... the reason Samsung phones and tablet fires are in the limelight is because Samsung did a recall and everyone is aware and news outlets capitalize on continuing to feed the monster.

I didnt say all S7 Edge have overheating issues

I said AN S7 edge with a history of overheating caught fire.

Grammer.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I didnt say all S7 Edge have overheating issues

I said AN S7 edge with a history of overheating caught fire.

Grammer.

Sorry, I was not meaning to take your statement out of context. I quoted your statement but was responding to all the posts in my response. Some of the comments appeared to think the s7 edge in general was having heating problems.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Considering Samsung sells more phones then everyone else there will probably be more incidents of its phones catching fire. Also Considering the amount of phones sold the percentage is so low its almost negligible even when you included the note 7 fires.

The amount of fires with the Note 7 was a much higher percentage in a very short period of time. There were reportedly at least a few dozen of verified fires in less than three weeks just in the US. Samsung saw that there was potential harm due to a specific battery plant. IMO, they acted too slowly to recall the phones, especially an official recall. Of course every little incident will be magnified. It'll be weeks before it goes back to normal. Samsung better hope there aren't more headaches, especially with other lines/future phones.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The amount of fires with the Note 7 was a much higher percentage in a very short period of time. There were reportedly at least a few dozen of verified fires in less than three weeks just in the US. Samsung saw that there was potential harm due to a specific battery plant. IMO, they acted too slowly to recall the phones, especially an official recall. Of course every little incident will be magnified. It'll be weeks before it goes back to normal. Samsung better hope there aren't more headaches, especially with other lines/future phones.

I completely agree.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

They'd better hope? There's no hoping. There can't be anymore incidents like the Note 7, and no one knows this better than Samsung.

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Incidents are continuing for Samsung. Our top loading Samsung washer is listed as one with the potential to explode while in the rinse cycle. As of now, no cure. They tell us to wash & rinse on the delicate only til they figure it out. Upon closer inspection of the manufacturer's label, I see the washer wash made in China. OOPS!!! ??????

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a s7 edge and I want to love it as it works great and looks incredible. I hope there are not a whole lot of issues with this phone because I really do like it.