The lag on the phone is unacceptable

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been with the Galaxy S series since the. Beginning. But the lag... even with the S7edge it's still there.

***lag occurs when:

An app is updating in the background and I'm using my phone with another app

When a text msg comes in.... The whole phone freezes

In the messages app the keyboard starts to lag and freeze

There are certain times the keyboard starts to lag for no reason

The phone also stutters and lags with no apps in the background

I absolutely love the hardware, the camera, display, battery, build quality, Samsung pay are the only things holding Me from switching to iPhone.. but the lag and the horrible software experience Samsung keeps outputting on their devices is becoming tiring and annoying. Get your sh#*t together Samsung because you are about to loose a loyal user

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Not just Samsung, I always faced terrible lags and bugs on my Xperias, Motos G and X, HTC, LG, Nexus, etc. Had more than 20 Android phones already, maybe 5 last year, and all of them occasionally freezes, crashes, slows down. Sorry to say, but most probably is this is an Android question. Right now I have a S7 and an iPhone 6 Plus. Incredible how a two years old iPhone can be faster and smoother than the more powerful Android out there!

Yes, I changed to iPhone as my main gadget because of that couple of years ago.

Cheers,

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm at a crossroads. I love everything about the s7edge but the software and lag is outrageous. Wtf Samsung with all the billions you have ... And you can make your engineers develop better software??? U N B E L I E A B L E

MikeRotch76

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
This is my 2nd android phone, first was the Priv, and I am not experiencing any of the lag you are stating. I have had lag at other times but rarely, mostly when I multitask into or out of a game. I've also had some lag when switching between camera mode and some other app.

It's funny how people say iOS never lags. At work we use an iPhone 6 plus and my wife's iPhone 5s also has lags and stalls too.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm at a crossroads. I love everything about the s7edge but the software and lag is outrageous. Wtf Samsung with all the billions you have ... And you can make your engineers develop better software??? U N B E L I E A B L E

We'll with their billions they did create a phone even you say you love "everything" about so...

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been with the Galaxy S series since the. Beginning. But the lag... even with the S7edge it's still there.

***lag occurs when:

An app is updating in the background and I'm using my phone with another app

When a text msg comes in.... The whole phone freezes

In the messages app the keyboard starts to lag and freeze

There are certain times the keyboard starts to lag for no reason

The phone also stutters and lags with no apps in the background

I absolutely love the hardware, the camera, display, battery, build quality, Samsung pay are the only things holding Me from switching to iPhone.. but the lag and the horrible software experience Samsung keeps outputting on their devices is becoming tiring and annoying. Get your sh#*t together Samsung because you are about to loose a loyal user

Bring it back to the nearest Samsung service centre they have a dedicated counter just for the S7 Edge.

I used to have this problem but it soon disappeared however I had other problems too like battery overheating and running out within 3 or 4 hours and some other app issues. Samsung recommended me to wipe my phone and the battery problem and some app issue went away. The rest is structural so I have to live with.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you have wiped the cache & deleted old apps that you may have loaded on previous devices, though no longer use?

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
God forbid I go to open my camera and a text message comes in at the same time. My phone will have a full blown our seizure and the moment I wanted to snap with the camera is long gone by the time it recovers. FWIW, I had lag issues with my iPhone 6+ prior to switching.

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Only time I experience lag with my s7 edge is in power saving mode or my phone is really hot from being on it for a while. iOS is very impressive when it come to lower hardware to software running as smooth as it does. I've used an iPhone 5,6,6s and I always go back to my Samsung after a week or 2. Both phones are good in there own ways. Just up to you yo decide. I use the US snapdragon CPU model.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just an attempt to help at least one person stop the confusion - "lag" is slowness ON THE INTERNET. A conmputer running slowly, whether it's a mainframe or a phone, is just "running slowly". People in the industry read "lagging" in the title and come to answer a question about the internet - only to find that the question has nothing to do with lag.

Please, people - learn what words mean, especially very technical words like "lag", and use them properly. (Well, at least someone use them properly. One less person confusing us would be nice.)

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

UNBELIEABLE? OH!! It's believable because TouchWiz is messy!! I love Samsung hardware.... I just don't want their software.

MikeRotch76

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Just an attempt to help at least one person stop the confusion - "lag" is slowness ON THE INTERNET. A conmputer running slowly, whether it's a mainframe or a phone, is just "running slowly". People in the industry read "lagging" in the title and come to answer a question about the internet - only to find that the question has nothing to do with lag.

Please, people - learn what words mean, especially very technical words like "lag", and use them properly. (Well, at least someone use them properly. One less person confusing us would be nice.)

lag
verb
intransitive verb
Definition of lag
a : to stay or fall behind : linger, loiter b : to move, function, or develop with comparative slowness c : to become retarded in attaining maximum value
"they stopped to wait for one of the children who was lagging behind"

I guess all of the children in the above sentence were using the Internet and one was experiencing slowness?

The word lag is being used correctly in this context.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
lag
verb
intransitive verb
Definition of lag
a : to stay or fall behind : linger, loiter b : to move, function, or develop with comparative slowness c : to become retarded in attaining maximum value
"they stopped to wait for one of the children who was lagging behind"

I guess all of the children in the above sentence were using the Internet and one was experiencing slowness?

The word lag is being used correctly in this context.
Technical terms as defined by a non-technical dictionary are incorrectly defined. Look up "client". My email app doesn't fit that definition.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Android devices need to be maintained to keep the lag away. There are several ways to do this I would suggest you clean your device from any unwanted crap then look at apps that might also be giving you problems. Devices just don't slow down for no reason there is some underlying issue causing it. My edge flies all day with no issues but I also reboot daily and keep it clean on a weekly basis.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I switch back and forth between an iPhone 6s and my S7 Edge. I can't remember ever experiencing any lag on my S7 Edge but constantly on my iPhone 6S.

My Edge flies from one app to the next and never pauses or lags behind when I give it a task to perform. When I click on an app icon it comes up almost immediately without hesitation.

Now my iPhone on the other hand...totally different story. I can set them side by side and usually the iPhone is a tad bit slower. Not much but it's noticeable.

Neither are slow enough that I'd get rid of one or the other but I will use my iPhone for a couple days and I always go back to the Edge after that.

One thing I will say is that I do prefer some of the app builds on IOS over Android. Some have slightly more functions and some tend to run a little smoother on IOS. But I don't believe that has to do with the phone. Just the app build quality. My personal opinion...

And I do try to restart at least once a week.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci